Bought it Used
By Jeff Love on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Always having a truck and always buying them used, I departed from my usual - Toyota and bought a used 2007 Chevy extended cab with 4.8 V8 and LT1 options. The vehicle has 74K miles and is in excellent condition. So far, I am very impressed with this truck. It rides well. No major squeaks or noises. Auto trans shifts nicely and rides very well. I am impressed with the auto lights, auto locks and other options on this truck that I paid just $10K for - put another $500 for new tires, alignment and a bit of paint and body repair on the front bumper/cover - all done by dealer at cost. For the value/cost, this is just an excellent truck.
Favorite Features
I like the ride, comfort and the automatic features such as the auto door lock and unlock and auto headlights - plenty of room in the rear bed for cargo and the rear seats offer fairly comfortable seating for the short hall. The radio and computer controls on the steering wheel is a "nice touch."
Suggested Improvements
I really can't think of anything. I have seen some more torquey engines but the 4.8 does what I need. I did notice that some of the paint has worn off the steering wheel controls due to use but expected as the previous owner made heavy use of the feature.