2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Review: Big John

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Big John
By Big John on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB w/Sport Package (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had to identify my needs verses my wants. Driving trucks in Texas, I needed an all around pickup to transport friends and family while having the ability to pull a light trailer. Use around the ranch, hill country hunting, and open highway. Although a Ford man, Chevy was my choice in a crew cab, C-1500, short bed. The 4.8 V8 is a little under powered for pulling light trailers, less than 2000 lbs. Running empty, it's OK about 20 MPG. It was a difficult choice between Dodge and Chevy. The GM product just had better parts availability and cheaper. Next time, would buy the 5.3 V8 for my all around needs.

Favorite Features

Roomy, can see very well, better than the extended cab model. Ride is so smooth! Great handling and traction. Too low to ground for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Need the 3.73 rear end, limit-slip, would help the 4.8,V8. Needs more snap on takeoff, just does not have it with 3.23 gears! 5.3 V8 would be better all around driving. For a big man, 240 lbs, the driver's seat is a "dog"! No comfort! Add disk brakes to rear axle. No drums!