Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500-classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Not what lifelong Chevy owner expected
By Texas Native

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I guess I expect more for my money but this was a total rip off. A lifelong Chevy owner & family we purchased it in January 07. Since then, constant brake squeaking, steering column moaning and now the overhead compartment broke loose! After reading all these other problems people have had, I would not recommend this truck - with the price you pay, Chevy needs to learn to make a truck that doesn't fall apart. Seriously disappointed. The dealer has done all work on it and even they tell me Chevy knows that brakes are their #1 problem. Save your money - buy something else that's not in the shop every month! With domestic junk like this, no wonder GM is having a hard time.

Favorite Features

Dual a/c, 4x4 truck height, option for 4x4 mode.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake problem, the steering column problem, the transmission slippage, make a vehicle that stays put together!

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Favorite Features

Comfy ride. Dual climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

The braking system. QC needs checked.

Chev1500
By Ron Burns

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle cost 36,000. With 11,250 miles and 10 months old, the best trade offer I could get was 17,900. It has been in the shop several times for a total of 22 days. Worse yet, it is a replacement because the 2006 model I had was taken back in under the Lemon Law. This one barely missed falling under the same law. Buying a Chevy truck is the absolute worst vehicle purchasing mistake I have ever made - I will NEVER buy another Chevy.

Favorite Features

There is nothing on this truck that is any better than any other vehicle I have ever had.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the overall quality and reliability of the vehicle. Also tighten up the power train so it is not always making clanking noises.

Nice truck with issues
By JB

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I like the truck. I've had the steering column replaced 3 times. I've had all 4 door speakers replaced. It has a rattle in the dash area that is hard to find. I would purchase another Chevrolet, but will go with the 2008 body style. My family has 3 other Chevy trucks with similiar problems.

Suggested Improvements

Too much plastic in the dash area.

Coming back to Cheverolet
By acoada

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Silevrado. I drove the Nissan Frontier before the Silverado and It was worth trading in on the Silverado.

Favorite Features

The new body style.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cabin a little more comfortable, and make it where I can use recyled air all of the time instead of outside air.