2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
By Bob Brooks on 12/19/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has loads of power and is very good on fuel. Pulls my 26 ft boat easy as pie. Very strong truck

2007 Silverado Classic WT
By Randy on 12/07/06 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Silverado regular cab WT from this generation truck. Other than a rougher ride than I recall in the '04 I am fairly satisfied. The rough ride may be because GM converted to 17 inch wheels for gas mileage in '05 versus 16 inchers on the '04, or because one of the OEM General tires was noticeably out of round. Took a trip to the tire store to get it fixed, but still bumpier than I recall on the last one. So far it is averaging 17MPG in town with a lot of that being on the freeway at about 60MPH, so hopefully that will improve as the vehicle gets a bit more broken in. It was hard to beat the price of the regular cab Classic back in October when GM had $4K rebates on it.

Kicks rear
By jjs4rsm1 on 11/25/06 11:36 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After putting an additional $7 grand into the motor and suspension, supercharger, intake, exhaust, fuel management and cam, along with some suspension mods, my SS blows away my friends SRT 10 everywhere, drags or through the twistys! And with the $14 grand I had left over from what he payed for his SRT 10, I bought my son and I brand new dirt bikes and a really nice trailer! And still have money left over for gas for the next 12 months! All my mods are dealer friendly and do not comprimise my warranty!

6.0 Vortec Max EXT Cab Black..Hemi Eater
By Buck on 11/22/06 16:15 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All I can say this is a GREAT Truck. Rides smooth and if you want power the 6.0L has all the speed and pulling power that you need, 380lbs of torque. The 6.0 performance package is nice 3.73, lock diff, tow package, oil cooler, upgraded suspension/shocks and 20 inch wheels provide lots of meat on the ground. Gas milage good for engine size city 15 Hwy 19-20 average. I chose the Classic version cause of the beefy stanse in the front and to me, more room inside, I'm 6'4" 250 plus and have more than enough space. The BOSE sound system is nice and clear. Good pricing out there for the pacakge, when your driving around how many old Dodges do you see. 2007 Silverado is a nice truck, built to last.

1500 classic LS2
By JT on 11/11/06 04:36 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Good power and sleek design.Tight interior with great AC and stereo. Very roomy.

Second Great Silverado
By ugadawg on 11/03/06 10:08 AM (PST)

Just traded up from an '04 Extended Cab Silverado (needed more interior room for growing family). Love every bit of this truck. Great interior space and great list of standard features. Test drove all the competition and to me the Chevy was the best all around performer. Tundra had too high a step-in height to not have standard step bars. Nissan gas mileage was too low. Dodge backseat was far too small. Ford's standard V- 8 was far too weak. I look forward to many years with this truck. I love every bit of this truck and strongly recommend it!

Big John
By Big John on 10/25/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB w/Sport Package (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had to identify my needs verses my wants. Driving trucks in Texas, I needed an all around pickup to transport friends and family while having the ability to pull a light trailer. Use around the ranch, hill country hunting, and open highway. Although a Ford man, Chevy was my choice in a crew cab, C-1500, short bed. The 4.8 V8 is a little under powered for pulling light trailers, less than 2000 lbs. Running empty, it's OK about 20 MPG. It was a difficult choice between Dodge and Chevy. The GM product just had better parts availability and cheaper. Next time, would buy the 5.3 V8 for my all around needs.

Silverado Fan
By Wyznowski on 10/06/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The '07 Silverado is a great truck. Very solid, rides great, handles great, not squeaks or rattles. Sits low in the front for a 4x4, but only requires slight adjustment of torsion bars to get 2" more lift in the front. I get over 20 mpg on the highway with the 5.3 liter. It has great power and acceleration. I drove the Dodge and Ford equivalent and Chevy has them beat hands down. Dodges are less money, but don't have the power. Ford F-150 cost more and ride like crap, and don't have the same space as the Chevy extended cab. You can't go wrong with this truck.

2007 Classic Silverado 2LS 1500 4WD Crew
By Dennis on 09/09/06 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 2005 Colorado for this truck. First tank of gas yielded 15 MPG which included pulling a 2000 pound boat in the mountains. The RPM does not jump off the scale (5,000), as did the Colorado (which got only 16 MPG). The 4.8L V8 appears to be the key. I tested a 5.3L and ran out of gas before the road test ended. The 4.8 is smooth and powerful at any speed. I hope the gas mileage improves as did the other Chevy trucks. A great ride!

2007 Chevy 1500
By SC29059 on 07/19/06 12:26 PM (PDT)

Good riding, powerful truck. Barely notice 22' pontoon boat being pulled. I love the exterior design. It is well equiped for the price. Very roomy inside the cab. Nice sounding stereo too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.