Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Awsome Truck
By Bass Fisherman

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Doesn't have all the bells/whistles of the new design, but for the price difference, it was a no brainer. 5.3l engine is flawless, as is the tranny. Pulls my 2500# boat without a grunt. No flaws or any defects in 11,000 miles (just like my 2001 Silverado). MPG is 12.5 for towing, 13/14 for city and 18.5/19.5 for highway without towing at 65mph. All this with 4WD and extended cab with the 4.10 axle. Truck is comfortable on long trips. Would definitely recommend it to anyone else including my kids.

Sound system, automatic 4WD, no nonsense way it goes about its business, and solid secure feel.

Truck has a very wide turning radius, however, testing non-4WD veh. shows this to be a characteristic of the 4WD. It would be nice to shorten it, if possible. Also, put in an OnStar unit and XM radio as options.

So far I am happy
By larrymc911

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for 6 months and have only 3500 miles on it, but I am very happy with this purchase. Excellent drivability, handling is good, power is weak, but what do you expect with a full sized pickup with a 6 cylinder. It makes up at the gas pump as it makes 19 miles per gallon in combined city and highway. I really can't think of anything I am not happy with so far.

Comfortable to drive.

Hard to change oil filter when engine is warm. You burn your arm.

Great truck
By math1j

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck. The cabin view allows you to see in all directions better than the Ford or Dodge. I would recommend this truck.

Flex fuel. When prices of gas fluctuate, e85 stays stable.

Nice truck for the money, minor issues
By CS

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck for the money. I was looking at Tundras but couldnt beat the price with the Silverado. Not a bad truck but it does have some annoying issues. Fit and finish is poor in my opinion. I am very picky about my vehicles and do not like dash rattles and seat squeaks. I have already had the wheel flares replaced due to defective paint, the rear window has been replaced due to the defrost lines not working. It has the typical dash, seat and door rattles and squeaks. This is annoying on a brand new truck with only 10k miles on it. I wouldnt discourage anyone from buying one, but just beware that no vehicle is perfect and this one has its fair share of problems.

Style, comfort, size and V8 power. Pulls a boat or trailer with no issues.

Need to concentrate on build quality a lot more. It's a nice truck, just needs to be put together a little better.

Great truck
By John Wright

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my big,green truck. I think that the last generation of the full- sized GM trucks are really some of the best vehicles that are being sold right now. The paint, fit and finish on the exterior are tremendous and the interior is dated but very familiar and easy to use. All the controls fall to hand easily and theres not anything thats really bad about it other than material quality. The 5.3 310hp engine and automatic transmission feel like they will last forever. Very solid feeling on the road. The factory tow-package and hitch are extremely effective. Even the factory tires have worked well in snowy, muddy conditions. Great truck

Engine! My fuel mileage is around 17.5 MPG and I haven't gotten any worse than 15 MPG. Very impressive for a full-sized extended cab truck. This truck has zero wind noise. It's almost weird how quiet it really is.

I think that there's not much I would change. The interior plastics are kind of industrial looking but its strong and doesn't get dirty. I can't complain too much other than it looks dated.