Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Not the best
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Silverado classic ext cab 2wd in oct 06 for 25k. Trade value now is 6500. Two reasons, the first is the 4.3 vortec v-6. It is way underpowered. The transmission grinds and tries to shift too much between 35- 40 mph. I had the transmission replaced at 30 K (unacceptable). I wanted to give GM another shot after driving Fords for so long. I will not do it again. Vehicle rides good and I get about 17.5 mpg around town.

100,000 mile warranty, color, seats.

No v-6 option for ext cab. Better trim for work truck

In my opinion
By IN MY OPINION

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this truck it was my first major purchase on a vehicle. I'm now 23 years old, I drive at least 60 miles a day back and forth to work. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a truck, good for this size truck, but gas prices stink now so. Unlike everyone else my brakes don't and never have made noise. The seats creak a little and the fuel pump is a little loud. It's probably going to die soon, oh well. It does drive extremely well for a truck. The truck is everything I expected from Chevrolet. All I've pretty much done is service it, no major issues. People crying about the hood design and rock chips, get a bug deflector, it works, imagine that. Am still on original tires, brakes.

Overall design, interior space, smooth ride, automatic dual climate controls, 100k warranty, locking differential, looks great with Silverstar headlights and foglights. Quiet ride, even with the cheap factory tires.

You don't buy a Chevrolet for ultimate luxury. It's not a Lexus. Yeah the steering makes a little clunk noise occasionally. oh well, quit crying. Only thing I'd change is angle of center portion of dash. would have it straight so I could install a DVD unit and everyone enjoy it, not just me.

Having 2nd thoughts
By 07 OWNER

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Oct 06, like how it drove and performed, very comfortable however now after owning it for 21 months the steering/suspension makes all kinds of noise and feels like it's going to fall apart when going over any uneven surface. The transmission sometimes shifts hard when the truck's still warming up in the morning, the original tires are crap and are already wearing out after only 22000 miles, the front tires are especially bad even after being balanced and rotated regulary. The headliner is pulling loose around the edges. The truck has good acceleration and is great at high speeds on the highway but the front end/steering system is probably the worst of any vehicle I've owned.

Interior comfort, AC, low end acceleration, highway ride.

Steering/suspension system, better original tires, fit and finish.

Best Truck Ever
By Steve-O

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

From the moment I heard about the Intimidator I just had to get one. And oh man do I love this truck. This is my first new truck. I've taken it everywhere. I've gone to Bakersfield a few times and I just love when people heads turn when I'm in the streets. I love the attention I get. It's truly a sports truck.

I love the big engine and the way it sound when you hit the gas. The looks cannot get better than this. Love the color. Mine is in black.

The only think I can think of is GM should have made more. And would have love an optional 5 or 6 speed transmission. But other than that it's perfect.

Like Nothing Else
By Oh Yeah!!!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck about 4 months ago and I love everything about it from the interior to the 6.0 engine. Just last week I took it to Las Vegas and it was a lot of fun to drive. This is my daily driver so I take it everywhere from work to the grocery store. Definitely recommend it to everyone.

I love it strong 6.0 engine. Great acceleration and power. Really great design. It looks fast and it is fast.

It would have been better with a 5 speed transmission than a 4 speed. It would got better mpg.