2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
Old Ford Man
By sanford98 on 10/09/07 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drove Fords for the last 40 Years converted this year, dont know why I didn't see the differance before this. Completely satisifed

Love it
By cmkZ71 on 09/16/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently bought a 2007, Z71, Silverado Classic. It had been sitting on the lot for about a year. On the way home I noticed it bouncing a little bit. The next day I brought it back to the dealer and they replaced the tires for me free of charge. I was told that from sitting the tires had flat spots. I was just really proud of the way the situation was handled.

Poor Quality Build
By P. Sauers on 09/15/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

The 1500 Classic was a great bargain brand new. After adding weight to the bed, the tail end doesn't "jump around" on rough roads anymore. Excellent power and exceleration. I have experienced really great gas mileage with the V8 engine. Typically 316 miles on a half a tank (big tank). The seating is very comfortable for 3 people. The driver side seat squeeks alot and found that the welds that hold the seat down need to be re-welded (warrantied). Surprised that it handles well in bad winter conditions! Hub caps always come loose. Breaks squeel alot but,to dealership for some reason. Aux Power outlet has a electrical burn smell when used. Adding cruise or cd radio is not poss due to computer.

Awsome Truck
By Bass Fisherman on 08/12/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Doesn't have all the bells/whistles of the new design, but for the price difference, it was a no brainer. 5.3l engine is flawless, as is the tranny. Pulls my 2500# boat without a grunt. No flaws or any defects in 11,000 miles (just like my 2001 Silverado). MPG is 12.5 for towing, 13/14 for city and 18.5/19.5 for highway without towing at 65mph. All this with 4WD and extended cab with the 4.10 axle. Truck is comfortable on long trips. Would definitely recommend it to anyone else including my kids.

Impressed
By Billy on 07/28/07 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought 3 of these for '07 for work trucks. The rest of our fleet of work trucks are Nissan Frontiers, but we bought these trucks for cheaper than we could get the Nissans this year. Just under $15k each. I must say, I'm rather impressed. They get the job done for sure. I think I'd rather have a V-8 model since they get about the same gas mileage, but the 4.3 isn't all that bad. Rather comfortable inside, and I would recommened these trucks for sure. The prices really can't be beat, and you certainly get your money's worth.

So far I am happy
By larrymc911 on 07/23/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for 6 months and have only 3500 miles on it, but I am very happy with this purchase. Excellent drivability, handling is good, power is weak, but what do you expect with a full sized pickup with a 6 cylinder. It makes up at the gas pump as it makes 19 miles per gallon in combined city and highway. I really can't think of anything I am not happy with so far.

Great truck
By math1j on 05/31/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck. The cabin view allows you to see in all directions better than the Ford or Dodge. I would recommend this truck.

Nice truck for the money, minor issues
By CS on 05/21/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck for the money. I was looking at Tundras but couldnt beat the price with the Silverado. Not a bad truck but it does have some annoying issues. Fit and finish is poor in my opinion. I am very picky about my vehicles and do not like dash rattles and seat squeaks. I have already had the wheel flares replaced due to defective paint, the rear window has been replaced due to the defrost lines not working. It has the typical dash, seat and door rattles and squeaks. This is annoying on a brand new truck with only 10k miles on it. I wouldnt discourage anyone from buying one, but just beware that no vehicle is perfect and this one has its fair share of problems.

OK Truck
By Aquila on 05/07/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just so you know, I would have preferred a Tundra. But, the new Silverado was thousands cheaper than a used Toyota, plus it had the 100K mile warranty. Not a bad deal at all. Plus, it was supposed to get better mileage than the Tundra. Anyway, it's a good truck for the money.

Great truck
By John Wright on 04/25/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my big,green truck. I think that the last generation of the full- sized GM trucks are really some of the best vehicles that are being sold right now. The paint, fit and finish on the exterior are tremendous and the interior is dated but very familiar and easy to use. All the controls fall to hand easily and theres not anything thats really bad about it other than material quality. The 5.3 310hp engine and automatic transmission feel like they will last forever. Very solid feeling on the road. The factory tow-package and hitch are extremely effective. Even the factory tires have worked well in snowy, muddy conditions. Great truck

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.