Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Chevy Turck
By Ty Tomlinson

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck to pull our camper but I have not had the chance to do so. This will really tell me what I like and don't like. So far I have been very pleased with the truck. It is smooth and quiet. The sales person, Angie, was non pushy helping us pick out a vehicle that we would be happy with. We have been to the service department before with another Chevy we own and have been very pleased with their work. We will buy, if it's a Chevy, from this dealer again.

Favorite Features

I've never had a vehicle with controls on the steering wheel - great idea. The cloth seats are very comfortable and the controls are easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the stereo speakers and the over all sound is very poor compared to the last 3 factory sound systems I've had. I originally wanted a crew cab and I'm sorry I didn't get a truck with 4 doors.

silverado classic reg cab 4.3L Manual
By Stan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for about two years now, and have put 26k miles on it. Hit a deer three days after I bought it; talk about bad luck. I got that fixed, and really can't complain about this truck at all. I did have to replace the cheap wiper blades last month, and after reading some of the other reviews I have also heard the steering column make a little noise, but nothing major. For the price, this truck was hard to beat.

Favorite Features

The 5spd manual trans gives the V6 more than enough get up and go. I've left V8 trucks in the dust that only have automatics. The plastic flooring is easy to clean out too. Handling and ride are nice, and seat is comfortable. I like the way the hood looks.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish they would still make V8 trucks with a five speed manual trans. My brakes are fine because with the manual trans, I mostly just shift down to stop. Automatics are over-rated.

Best full-size truck for the money
By Ray in Phoenix

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Speaker Blew in 6 months, tires worn out at 24,000 miles, alignment is off in 2 years. Rides like it is on a trampoline. Suspension is too soft. Brakes are squeaking. Installed a K&N intake and the power and gas mileage is amazing. Good truck for the money. Definitely needs a stiffer suspension.

Favorite Features

Vortec, good power , good gas mileage. Roomy interior, excellent A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, brakes, tires, stereo, interior materials.

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ?

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

Favorite Features

When out of car wash, looking new and shiny its like "OK,let's try it again" C'mon Chevy change something!

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer ride, Tranny, I hope that my truck is an exeption of bad luck or something like that, but moving on to Japanese now!

Great truck
By louie's dad

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 07 to replace a 97 GMC 1500 Z71 and have not questioned my decision one bit. This truck is nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned. I have added 9000 miles to odometer since my purchase and have only one minor complaint....the noisy brakes. However, I took the truck to a local Chevy dealer and the problem went away under warranty. Great truck

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, fuel economy for full size 4x4, leather, Bose. Whole truck.

Suggested Improvements

Improve original brakes