2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
I love my truck
By Kev on 05/25/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for about 2.5 years now and I still love it. There are a few minor issues I have but overall I love it. I wish Chevy did more to protect the front hood area, the overhang is a bullseye for flying rocks. Just recently started noticing a humming sound from the dash at around 50mph but below or above that I do not hear it. And just started getting squeaky brakes. Other than that I get about 19-20 mpg on the highway and for normal stop and go traffic commuting I get on average 16mpg.

Alright Truck
By Taildancer on 05/06/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this used 2007 and already had it to the shop. Steering shaft making noise (replaced), speaker making noise (replaced), brakes sqeeking alot (cleaned). I guess we will see what happens from here out, but I do love the mileage I am getting (18-19) on road and (14-15) in town. I really think this maybe as smooth of a ride as your going to get out of a truck and that was one of the main selling points to me. Like riding in a car on the highway. Chevy need's to fix these few problem's. Seem's that there are alot of the same issue's out there so you would think they would fix them soon.

It's the best
By It's the best on 04/09/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT3 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this to replace a worn-out 2001 GMC Sierra. It is everything we wanted. Great comfort, great room, nicely appointed. Pulls all four of our boats like a breeze. Our 17 yr old daughter has no comfort complaints when riding in the rear seat. This purchase was done online as a dealership trade at a distance of some three hundred miles from my dealer to the one with the truck. Got $7000 off from Chevrolet and $3500 off from GM card. How could we not afford this truck? We also like this better than a 2005 Tahoe we had for about a year.

Good deal and gas mileage
By tom on 03/27/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought brand new with 100k warranty, auto, air, tint, cloth 60/40 seats. work truck. Gets 500 miles to the tank on the highway in Utah. About 21- 22. 19 all around. No problems so far, hauls boat ok. Paid 15k with two ski season passes plus 10 additional. Now have close to thirty and tires are starting to show wear.

Beautiful truck that get's lots of looks
By Andrew Tillcock on 02/09/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Burgandy Z71 Silverado for only a short time now but have driven and owned many other brands of trucks,(Ford, Dodge, Toyota) And this is by far the best. I am a big fan of the classic body style and am not a fan of the new boxy looking one.The ride is comparable to many cadillac's i have driven and yes even with the four wheel drive! I love how my new Silverado sits up high and rides like a Cadillac. I am able to acheive 20 miles to the gallon with mainly highway driving and a little city mix. Excellent for my big beauty. I have OnStar, Bose system, heated seats that feel like a massage and I love the information center. This is a serous truck and the best i've owned or driven yet

Not what lifelong Chevy owner expected
By Texas Native on 01/24/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I guess I expect more for my money but this was a total rip off. A lifelong Chevy owner & family we purchased it in January 07. Since then, constant brake squeaking, steering column moaning and now the overhead compartment broke loose! After reading all these other problems people have had, I would not recommend this truck - with the price you pay, Chevy needs to learn to make a truck that doesn't fall apart. Seriously disappointed. The dealer has done all work on it and even they tell me Chevy knows that brakes are their #1 problem. Save your money - buy something else that's not in the shop every month! With domestic junk like this, no wonder GM is having a hard time.

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon on 01/15/08 09:18 AM (PST)

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Chev1500
By Ron Burns on 01/14/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle cost 36,000. With 11,250 miles and 10 months old, the best trade offer I could get was 17,900. It has been in the shop several times for a total of 22 days. Worse yet, it is a replacement because the 2006 model I had was taken back in under the Lemon Law. This one barely missed falling under the same law. Buying a Chevy truck is the absolute worst vehicle purchasing mistake I have ever made - I will NEVER buy another Chevy.

Nice truck with issues
By JB on 12/20/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I like the truck. I've had the steering column replaced 3 times. I've had all 4 door speakers replaced. It has a rattle in the dash area that is hard to find. I would purchase another Chevrolet, but will go with the 2008 body style. My family has 3 other Chevy trucks with similiar problems.

Coming back to Cheverolet
By acoada on 11/20/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Silevrado. I drove the Nissan Frontier before the Silverado and It was worth trading in on the Silverado.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.