Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500-classic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Great truck
By louie's dad

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 07 to replace a 97 GMC 1500 Z71 and have not questioned my decision one bit. This truck is nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned. I have added 9000 miles to odometer since my purchase and have only one minor complaint....the noisy brakes. However, I took the truck to a local Chevy dealer and the problem went away under warranty. Great truck

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, fuel economy for full size 4x4, leather, Bose. Whole truck.

Suggested Improvements

Improve original brakes

Not the best
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Silverado classic ext cab 2wd in oct 06 for 25k. Trade value now is 6500. Two reasons, the first is the 4.3 vortec v-6. It is way underpowered. The transmission grinds and tries to shift too much between 35- 40 mph. I had the transmission replaced at 30 K (unacceptable). I wanted to give GM another shot after driving Fords for so long. I will not do it again. Vehicle rides good and I get about 17.5 mpg around town.

Favorite Features

100,000 mile warranty, color, seats.

Suggested Improvements

No v-6 option for ext cab. Better trim for work truck

Having 2nd thoughts
By 07 OWNER

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Oct 06, like how it drove and performed, very comfortable however now after owning it for 21 months the steering/suspension makes all kinds of noise and feels like it's going to fall apart when going over any uneven surface. The transmission sometimes shifts hard when the truck's still warming up in the morning, the original tires are crap and are already wearing out after only 22000 miles, the front tires are especially bad even after being balanced and rotated regulary. The headliner is pulling loose around the edges. The truck has good acceleration and is great at high speeds on the highway but the front end/steering system is probably the worst of any vehicle I've owned.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, AC, low end acceleration, highway ride.

Suggested Improvements

Steering/suspension system, better original tires, fit and finish.

Best Truck Ever
By Steve-O

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

From the moment I heard about the Intimidator I just had to get one. And oh man do I love this truck. This is my first new truck. I've taken it everywhere. I've gone to Bakersfield a few times and I just love when people heads turn when I'm in the streets. I love the attention I get. It's truly a sports truck.

Favorite Features

I love the big engine and the way it sound when you hit the gas. The looks cannot get better than this. Love the color. Mine is in black.

Suggested Improvements

The only think I can think of is GM should have made more. And would have love an optional 5 or 6 speed transmission. But other than that it's perfect.

Like Nothing Else
By Oh Yeah!!!

I just bought this truck about 4 months ago and I love everything about it from the interior to the 6.0 engine. Just last week I took it to Las Vegas and it was a lot of fun to drive. This is my daily driver so I take it everywhere from work to the grocery store. Definitely recommend it to everyone.

Favorite Features

I love it strong 6.0 engine. Great acceleration and power. Really great design. It looks fast and it is fast.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been better with a 5 speed transmission than a 4 speed. It would got better mpg.