2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
It's the best
By It's the best on 04/09/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this to replace a worn-out 2001 GMC Sierra. It is everything we wanted. Great comfort, great room, nicely appointed. Pulls all four of our boats like a breeze. Our 17 yr old daughter has no comfort complaints when riding in the rear seat. This purchase was done online as a dealership trade at a distance of some three hundred miles from my dealer to the one with the truck. Got $7000 off from Chevrolet and $3500 off from GM card. How could we not afford this truck? We also like this better than a 2005 Tahoe we had for about a year.

Beautiful truck that get's lots of looks
By Andrew Tillcock on 02/09/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Burgandy Z71 Silverado for only a short time now but have driven and owned many other brands of trucks,(Ford, Dodge, Toyota) And this is by far the best. I am a big fan of the classic body style and am not a fan of the new boxy looking one.The ride is comparable to many cadillac's i have driven and yes even with the four wheel drive! I love how my new Silverado sits up high and rides like a Cadillac. I am able to acheive 20 miles to the gallon with mainly highway driving and a little city mix. Excellent for my big beauty. I have OnStar, Bose system, heated seats that feel like a massage and I love the information center. This is a serous truck and the best i've owned or driven yet

Chev1500
By Ron Burns on 01/14/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle cost 36,000. With 11,250 miles and 10 months old, the best trade offer I could get was 17,900. It has been in the shop several times for a total of 22 days. Worse yet, it is a replacement because the 2006 model I had was taken back in under the Lemon Law. This one barely missed falling under the same law. Buying a Chevy truck is the absolute worst vehicle purchasing mistake I have ever made - I will NEVER buy another Chevy.

Nice truck with issues
By JB on 12/20/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I like the truck. I've had the steering column replaced 3 times. I've had all 4 door speakers replaced. It has a rattle in the dash area that is hard to find. I would purchase another Chevrolet, but will go with the 2008 body style. My family has 3 other Chevy trucks with similiar problems.

Love it
By cmkZ71 on 09/16/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently bought a 2007, Z71, Silverado Classic. It had been sitting on the lot for about a year. On the way home I noticed it bouncing a little bit. The next day I brought it back to the dealer and they replaced the tires for me free of charge. I was told that from sitting the tires had flat spots. I was just really proud of the way the situation was handled.

Awsome Truck
By Bass Fisherman on 08/12/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Doesn't have all the bells/whistles of the new design, but for the price difference, it was a no brainer. 5.3l engine is flawless, as is the tranny. Pulls my 2500# boat without a grunt. No flaws or any defects in 11,000 miles (just like my 2001 Silverado). MPG is 12.5 for towing, 13/14 for city and 18.5/19.5 for highway without towing at 65mph. All this with 4WD and extended cab with the 4.10 axle. Truck is comfortable on long trips. Would definitely recommend it to anyone else including my kids.

So far I am happy
By larrymc911 on 07/23/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for 6 months and have only 3500 miles on it, but I am very happy with this purchase. Excellent drivability, handling is good, power is weak, but what do you expect with a full sized pickup with a 6 cylinder. It makes up at the gas pump as it makes 19 miles per gallon in combined city and highway. I really can't think of anything I am not happy with so far.

Great truck
By math1j on 05/31/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

I love to drive this truck. The cabin view allows you to see in all directions better than the Ford or Dodge. I would recommend this truck.

Nice truck for the money, minor issues
By CS on 05/21/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

Nice truck for the money. I was looking at Tundras but couldnt beat the price with the Silverado. Not a bad truck but it does have some annoying issues. Fit and finish is poor in my opinion. I am very picky about my vehicles and do not like dash rattles and seat squeaks. I have already had the wheel flares replaced due to defective paint, the rear window has been replaced due to the defrost lines not working. It has the typical dash, seat and door rattles and squeaks. This is annoying on a brand new truck with only 10k miles on it. I wouldnt discourage anyone from buying one, but just beware that no vehicle is perfect and this one has its fair share of problems.

Great truck
By John Wright on 04/25/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my big,green truck. I think that the last generation of the full- sized GM trucks are really some of the best vehicles that are being sold right now. The paint, fit and finish on the exterior are tremendous and the interior is dated but very familiar and easy to use. All the controls fall to hand easily and theres not anything thats really bad about it other than material quality. The 5.3 310hp engine and automatic transmission feel like they will last forever. Very solid feeling on the road. The factory tow-package and hitch are extremely effective. Even the factory tires have worked well in snowy, muddy conditions. Great truck

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.