2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
Chevy Turck
By Ty Tomlinson on 04/30/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck to pull our camper but I have not had the chance to do so. This will really tell me what I like and don't like. So far I have been very pleased with the truck. It is smooth and quiet. The sales person, Angie, was non pushy helping us pick out a vehicle that we would be happy with. We have been to the service department before with another Chevy we own and have been very pleased with their work. We will buy, if it's a Chevy, from this dealer again.

silverado classic reg cab 4.3L Manual
By Stan on 03/12/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for about two years now, and have put 26k miles on it. Hit a deer three days after I bought it; talk about bad luck. I got that fixed, and really can't complain about this truck at all. I did have to replace the cheap wiper blades last month, and after reading some of the other reviews I have also heard the steering column make a little noise, but nothing major. For the price, this truck was hard to beat.

Best full-size truck for the money
By Ray in Phoenix on 03/06/09 08:32 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Speaker Blew in 6 months, tires worn out at 24,000 miles, alignment is off in 2 years. Rides like it is on a trampoline. Suspension is too soft. Brakes are squeaking. Installed a K&N intake and the power and gas mileage is amazing. Good truck for the money. Definitely needs a stiffer suspension.

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ? on 12/31/08 13:54 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

Great truck
By louie's dad on 12/20/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 07 to replace a 97 GMC 1500 Z71 and have not questioned my decision one bit. This truck is nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned. I have added 9000 miles to odometer since my purchase and have only one minor complaint....the noisy brakes. However, I took the truck to a local Chevy dealer and the problem went away under warranty. Great truck

Not the best
By Dave on 08/12/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Silverado classic ext cab 2wd in oct 06 for 25k. Trade value now is 6500. Two reasons, the first is the 4.3 vortec v-6. It is way underpowered. The transmission grinds and tries to shift too much between 35- 40 mph. I had the transmission replaced at 30 K (unacceptable). I wanted to give GM another shot after driving Fords for so long. I will not do it again. Vehicle rides good and I get about 17.5 mpg around town.

In my opinion
By IN MY OPINION on 07/17/08 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this truck it was my first major purchase on a vehicle. I'm now 23 years old, I drive at least 60 miles a day back and forth to work. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a truck, good for this size truck, but gas prices stink now so. Unlike everyone else my brakes don't and never have made noise. The seats creak a little and the fuel pump is a little loud. It's probably going to die soon, oh well. It does drive extremely well for a truck. The truck is everything I expected from Chevrolet. All I've pretty much done is service it, no major issues. People crying about the hood design and rock chips, get a bug deflector, it works, imagine that. Am still on original tires, brakes.

Having 2nd thoughts
By 07 OWNER on 07/06/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Oct 06, like how it drove and performed, very comfortable however now after owning it for 21 months the steering/suspension makes all kinds of noise and feels like it's going to fall apart when going over any uneven surface. The transmission sometimes shifts hard when the truck's still warming up in the morning, the original tires are crap and are already wearing out after only 22000 miles, the front tires are especially bad even after being balanced and rotated regulary. The headliner is pulling loose around the edges. The truck has good acceleration and is great at high speeds on the highway but the front end/steering system is probably the worst of any vehicle I've owned.

Best Truck Ever
By Steve-O on 06/14/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

From the moment I heard about the Intimidator I just had to get one. And oh man do I love this truck. This is my first new truck. I've taken it everywhere. I've gone to Bakersfield a few times and I just love when people heads turn when I'm in the streets. I love the attention I get. It's truly a sports truck.

Like Nothing Else
By Oh Yeah!!! on 05/31/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck about 4 months ago and I love everything about it from the interior to the 6.0 engine. Just last week I took it to Las Vegas and it was a lot of fun to drive. This is my daily driver so I take it everywhere from work to the grocery store. Definitely recommend it to everyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.