Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

My review starts at 106,000
By buggs

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Style, comfort, interior

support the back end more to carry heavier loads. Even though I carry a heavy load all day

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

Rides pretty good for a truck, but you sacrifice hauling and towing abilities to get the smooth ride. Rear end sags with only a few hundred pounds on the hitch or in the bed.

Put a real suspension under it so it can haul what it is rated for without dragging the ground. Get rid of the cheap plastic clips that break. Install decent body bushings that don't squeak. Pretty much, just build a darn truck that can be used like a truck!

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ?

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

When out of car wash, looking new and shiny its like "OK,let's try it again" C'mon Chevy change something!

Stiffer ride, Tranny, I hope that my truck is an exeption of bad luck or something like that, but moving on to Japanese now!

Good deal and gas mileage
By tom

Bought brand new with 100k warranty, auto, air, tint, cloth 60/40 seats. work truck. Gets 500 miles to the tank on the highway in Utah. About 21- 22. 19 all around. No problems so far, hauls boat ok. Paid 15k with two ski season passes plus 10 additional. Now have close to thirty and tires are starting to show wear.

Gas mileage

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Comfy ride. Dual climate controls.

The braking system. QC needs checked.