2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
My review starts at 106,000
By buggs on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel on 08/14/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

silverado classic reg cab 4.3L Manual
By Stan on 03/12/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for about two years now, and have put 26k miles on it. Hit a deer three days after I bought it; talk about bad luck. I got that fixed, and really can't complain about this truck at all. I did have to replace the cheap wiper blades last month, and after reading some of the other reviews I have also heard the steering column make a little noise, but nothing major. For the price, this truck was hard to beat.

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ? on 12/31/08 13:54 PM (PST)

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

Good deal and gas mileage
By tom on 03/27/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

Bought brand new with 100k warranty, auto, air, tint, cloth 60/40 seats. work truck. Gets 500 miles to the tank on the highway in Utah. About 21- 22. 19 all around. No problems so far, hauls boat ok. Paid 15k with two ski season passes plus 10 additional. Now have close to thirty and tires are starting to show wear.

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon on 01/15/08 09:18 AM (PST)

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Coming back to Cheverolet
By acoada on 11/20/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Silevrado. I drove the Nissan Frontier before the Silverado and It was worth trading in on the Silverado.

Old Ford Man
By sanford98 on 10/09/07 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drove Fords for the last 40 Years converted this year, dont know why I didn't see the differance before this. Completely satisifed

Poor Quality Build
By P. Sauers on 09/15/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

The 1500 Classic was a great bargain brand new. After adding weight to the bed, the tail end doesn't "jump around" on rough roads anymore. Excellent power and exceleration. I have experienced really great gas mileage with the V8 engine. Typically 316 miles on a half a tank (big tank). The seating is very comfortable for 3 people. The driver side seat squeeks alot and found that the welds that hold the seat down need to be re-welded (warrantied). Surprised that it handles well in bad winter conditions! Hub caps always come loose. Breaks squeel alot but,to dealership for some reason. Aux Power outlet has a electrical burn smell when used. Adding cruise or cd radio is not poss due to computer.

Impressed
By Billy on 07/28/07 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought 3 of these for '07 for work trucks. The rest of our fleet of work trucks are Nissan Frontiers, but we bought these trucks for cheaper than we could get the Nissans this year. Just under $15k each. I must say, I'm rather impressed. They get the job done for sure. I think I'd rather have a V-8 model since they get about the same gas mileage, but the 4.3 isn't all that bad. Rather comfortable inside, and I would recommened these trucks for sure. The prices really can't be beat, and you certainly get your money's worth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.