2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500-classic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Sort Reviews by

My review starts at 106,000
By buggs

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Favorite Features

Style, comfort, interior

Suggested Improvements

support the back end more to carry heavier loads. Even though I carry a heavy load all day

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

Favorite Features

Rides pretty good for a truck, but you sacrifice hauling and towing abilities to get the smooth ride. Rear end sags with only a few hundred pounds on the hitch or in the bed.

Suggested Improvements

Put a real suspension under it so it can haul what it is rated for without dragging the ground. Get rid of the cheap plastic clips that break. Install decent body bushings that don't squeak. Pretty much, just build a darn truck that can be used like a truck!

silverado classic reg cab 4.3L Manual
By Stan

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for about two years now, and have put 26k miles on it. Hit a deer three days after I bought it; talk about bad luck. I got that fixed, and really can't complain about this truck at all. I did have to replace the cheap wiper blades last month, and after reading some of the other reviews I have also heard the steering column make a little noise, but nothing major. For the price, this truck was hard to beat.

Favorite Features

The 5spd manual trans gives the V6 more than enough get up and go. I've left V8 trucks in the dust that only have automatics. The plastic flooring is easy to clean out too. Handling and ride are nice, and seat is comfortable. I like the way the hood looks.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish they would still make V8 trucks with a five speed manual trans. My brakes are fine because with the manual trans, I mostly just shift down to stop. Automatics are over-rated.

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ?

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

Favorite Features

When out of car wash, looking new and shiny its like "OK,let's try it again" C'mon Chevy change something!

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer ride, Tranny, I hope that my truck is an exeption of bad luck or something like that, but moving on to Japanese now!

Good deal and gas mileage
By tom

Bought brand new with 100k warranty, auto, air, tint, cloth 60/40 seats. work truck. Gets 500 miles to the tank on the highway in Utah. About 21- 22. 19 all around. No problems so far, hauls boat ok. Paid 15k with two ski season passes plus 10 additional. Now have close to thirty and tires are starting to show wear.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Favorite Features

Comfy ride. Dual climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

The braking system. QC needs checked.

Coming back to Cheverolet
By acoada

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Silevrado. I drove the Nissan Frontier before the Silverado and It was worth trading in on the Silverado.

Favorite Features

The new body style.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cabin a little more comfortable, and make it where I can use recyled air all of the time instead of outside air.

Old Ford Man
By sanford98

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drove Fords for the last 40 Years converted this year, dont know why I didn't see the differance before this. Completely satisifed

Favorite Features

Remote start up

Suggested Improvements

Lower back end

Poor Quality Build
By P. Sauers

The 1500 Classic was a great bargain brand new. After adding weight to the bed, the tail end doesn't "jump around" on rough roads anymore. Excellent power and exceleration. I have experienced really great gas mileage with the V8 engine. Typically 316 miles on a half a tank (big tank). The seating is very comfortable for 3 people. The driver side seat squeeks alot and found that the welds that hold the seat down need to be re-welded (warrantied). Surprised that it handles well in bad winter conditions! Hub caps always come loose. Breaks squeel alot but,to dealership for some reason. Aux Power outlet has a electrical burn smell when used. Adding cruise or cd radio is not poss due to computer.

Favorite Features

The 8 foot bed. The power of the Vortec 8 engine is impressive. Great gas mileage. Comfortable seating. Full size spare tire. Passanger airbag on/off feature. On/Off Switch for daytime running lights. Great tow package/handling.

Suggested Improvements

A standard CD player and cruise control would have been nice. The interior design is 80's ish needs modernized. Better hub caps that don't come loose and fall off. Larger tail lights. Locking tailgate. Dealers will not install cruise or cd radio aftermarket due to computer/electrical issues.

Impressed
By Billy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought 3 of these for '07 for work trucks. The rest of our fleet of work trucks are Nissan Frontiers, but we bought these trucks for cheaper than we could get the Nissans this year. Just under $15k each. I must say, I'm rather impressed. They get the job done for sure. I think I'd rather have a V-8 model since they get about the same gas mileage, but the 4.3 isn't all that bad. Rather comfortable inside, and I would recommened these trucks for sure. The prices really can't be beat, and you certainly get your money's worth.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, heavy duty cloth seats. Easy to look at dash. Controls all are with-in easy reach. Drives nice. Huge bed. Rubber flooring makes cleaning a breeze. Tough looking front-end. Great bargain.

Suggested Improvements

I would like too have chrome wheels and rear bumper, but for under $15k I can't complain!