Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Bought it Used
By Jeff Love

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Always having a truck and always buying them used, I departed from my usual - Toyota and bought a used 2007 Chevy extended cab with 4.8 V8 and LT1 options. The vehicle has 74K miles and is in excellent condition. So far, I am very impressed with this truck. It rides well. No major squeaks or noises. Auto trans shifts nicely and rides very well. I am impressed with the auto lights, auto locks and other options on this truck that I paid just $10K for - put another $500 for new tires, alignment and a bit of paint and body repair on the front bumper/cover - all done by dealer at cost. For the value/cost, this is just an excellent truck.

I like the ride, comfort and the automatic features such as the auto door lock and unlock and auto headlights - plenty of room in the rear bed for cargo and the rear seats offer fairly comfortable seating for the short hall. The radio and computer controls on the steering wheel is a "nice touch."

I really can't think of anything. I have seen some more torquey engines but the 4.8 does what I need. I did notice that some of the paint has worn off the steering wheel controls due to use but expected as the previous owner made heavy use of the feature.

Having 2nd thoughts
By 07 OWNER

Bought new in Oct 06, like how it drove and performed, very comfortable however now after owning it for 21 months the steering/suspension makes all kinds of noise and feels like it's going to fall apart when going over any uneven surface. The transmission sometimes shifts hard when the truck's still warming up in the morning, the original tires are crap and are already wearing out after only 22000 miles, the front tires are especially bad even after being balanced and rotated regulary. The headliner is pulling loose around the edges. The truck has good acceleration and is great at high speeds on the highway but the front end/steering system is probably the worst of any vehicle I've owned.

Interior comfort, AC, low end acceleration, highway ride.

Steering/suspension system, better original tires, fit and finish.

My Truck
By Jarred

My 2007 Classic Chevy Z71 Classic Ext. cab has got to be one of the nicest trucks that I have ever owned. The inside is comfortable, the outside is rugged and stylish, and mechanically the truck is fantastic

I have two favorite features on my Chevy. One is the push button 4X4 that has an optional all wheel drive setting. My second favorite feature is the radio controls mounted on my steering wheel.

None to speak of.

Love my truck!
By chrisp82

This is one of the best trucks that I've ever owned. Works great with the tow package and off road package.

The auto 4-wheel drive for on the fly operation is amazing.

Figure out why there are sounds that come from the front end after about 30,000 mile.