Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500-classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Not Bad for Spare Parts
By maiphet

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal at a dealership for my trade in and 100K powertrain warranty helped my confidence. One of the best riding trucks I have owned really a smooth and comfortable ride. Got the 4.8 L and gas mileage is good on long trips, but a little underpowered if you want to go hot rodding. Final word not bad for a truck made from the final year of the old body styles.

Favorite Features

Comfortable front seats, comfortable ride, good gas mileage, 100K warranty, color and trim.

Suggested Improvements

Need Better factory tires. Fishtails unexpectedly when raining and taking sharp turns. Eliminate the governor. Dear Chevy, I might need to go past 98 mph one day

Ho Hum
By Barney

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a 10YO Ford F150 that rotted away. The Chevy has 75 more hp and gets better gas mileage than the Ford +1 for the Chevy. Exterior paint is already fading on the side molding -1 for the Chevy. Wallows like a tippy canoe and loses contact with the road when pushed to spirited driving levels -3 for the Chevy. It's quiet, had a couple recalls that took care of steering rattle and transmission leakage. Ho Hum. I bought it because I had to have another truck immediately, it got 3 to 5 mpg better than the smaller engined Ford, and at the time it was way cheaper than any Ford I could find.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, power, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure the new body style (NBS) vehicles handle better than the "Classic". Paint fading is unforgivable. Longer warranty.

What a truck is supposed to be
By Granite

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has the necessary amenities (cd,cloth seats), tow package, nothing extra. Back seat flips up to expose a larger cargo area than most trucks, but seats full size adults with ease when down. Truck rides like a truck when the bed is empty, like a Cadillac with a moderate load in back. Very quite, especially for a pickup truck. Front seat is a little bit firm, feels overstuffed, making it difficult to find the sweet spot between seat angle, distance from the pedals, and steering wheel angle. Awesome vehicle. This one nails the proper ratio of comfort, roominess, and good old pickup truck style and utility.

Favorite Features

Flip up bench in back. Ample room in cab for folks and gear. Good stereo sound.

Suggested Improvements

Seats a bit too firm. Wish it had 4 wheel disks, but stops darn fast with rear drums. Needs a flip down armrest. They shouldn't make a truck without a flip down armrest for the middle of the bench.

Bought it Used
By Jeff Love

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Always having a truck and always buying them used, I departed from my usual - Toyota and bought a used 2007 Chevy extended cab with 4.8 V8 and LT1 options. The vehicle has 74K miles and is in excellent condition. So far, I am very impressed with this truck. It rides well. No major squeaks or noises. Auto trans shifts nicely and rides very well. I am impressed with the auto lights, auto locks and other options on this truck that I paid just $10K for - put another $500 for new tires, alignment and a bit of paint and body repair on the front bumper/cover - all done by dealer at cost. For the value/cost, this is just an excellent truck.

Favorite Features

I like the ride, comfort and the automatic features such as the auto door lock and unlock and auto headlights - plenty of room in the rear bed for cargo and the rear seats offer fairly comfortable seating for the short hall. The radio and computer controls on the steering wheel is a "nice touch."

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of anything. I have seen some more torquey engines but the 4.8 does what I need. I did notice that some of the paint has worn off the steering wheel controls due to use but expected as the previous owner made heavy use of the feature.

Chevy Turck
By Ty Tomlinson

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck to pull our camper but I have not had the chance to do so. This will really tell me what I like and don't like. So far I have been very pleased with the truck. It is smooth and quiet. The sales person, Angie, was non pushy helping us pick out a vehicle that we would be happy with. We have been to the service department before with another Chevy we own and have been very pleased with their work. We will buy, if it's a Chevy, from this dealer again.

Favorite Features

I've never had a vehicle with controls on the steering wheel - great idea. The cloth seats are very comfortable and the controls are easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the stereo speakers and the over all sound is very poor compared to the last 3 factory sound systems I've had. I originally wanted a crew cab and I'm sorry I didn't get a truck with 4 doors.