2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
Not Bad for Spare Parts
By maiphet on 09/08/10 02:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal at a dealership for my trade in and 100K powertrain warranty helped my confidence. One of the best riding trucks I have owned really a smooth and comfortable ride. Got the 4.8 L and gas mileage is good on long trips, but a little underpowered if you want to go hot rodding. Final word not bad for a truck made from the final year of the old body styles.

Ho Hum
By Barney on 08/26/10 10:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a 10YO Ford F150 that rotted away. The Chevy has 75 more hp and gets better gas mileage than the Ford +1 for the Chevy. Exterior paint is already fading on the side molding -1 for the Chevy. Wallows like a tippy canoe and loses contact with the road when pushed to spirited driving levels -3 for the Chevy. It's quiet, had a couple recalls that took care of steering rattle and transmission leakage. Ho Hum. I bought it because I had to have another truck immediately, it got 3 to 5 mpg better than the smaller engined Ford, and at the time it was way cheaper than any Ford I could find.

What a truck is supposed to be
By Granite on 07/12/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has the necessary amenities (cd,cloth seats), tow package, nothing extra. Back seat flips up to expose a larger cargo area than most trucks, but seats full size adults with ease when down. Truck rides like a truck when the bed is empty, like a Cadillac with a moderate load in back. Very quite, especially for a pickup truck. Front seat is a little bit firm, feels overstuffed, making it difficult to find the sweet spot between seat angle, distance from the pedals, and steering wheel angle. Awesome vehicle. This one nails the proper ratio of comfort, roominess, and good old pickup truck style and utility.

Bought it Used
By Jeff Love on 02/06/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Always having a truck and always buying them used, I departed from my usual - Toyota and bought a used 2007 Chevy extended cab with 4.8 V8 and LT1 options. The vehicle has 74K miles and is in excellent condition. So far, I am very impressed with this truck. It rides well. No major squeaks or noises. Auto trans shifts nicely and rides very well. I am impressed with the auto lights, auto locks and other options on this truck that I paid just $10K for - put another $500 for new tires, alignment and a bit of paint and body repair on the front bumper/cover - all done by dealer at cost. For the value/cost, this is just an excellent truck.

Chevy Turck
By Ty Tomlinson on 04/30/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck to pull our camper but I have not had the chance to do so. This will really tell me what I like and don't like. So far I have been very pleased with the truck. It is smooth and quiet. The sales person, Angie, was non pushy helping us pick out a vehicle that we would be happy with. We have been to the service department before with another Chevy we own and have been very pleased with their work. We will buy, if it's a Chevy, from this dealer again.

Great truck
By louie's dad on 12/20/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 07 to replace a 97 GMC 1500 Z71 and have not questioned my decision one bit. This truck is nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned. I have added 9000 miles to odometer since my purchase and have only one minor complaint....the noisy brakes. However, I took the truck to a local Chevy dealer and the problem went away under warranty. Great truck

Not the best
By Dave on 08/12/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Silverado classic ext cab 2wd in oct 06 for 25k. Trade value now is 6500. Two reasons, the first is the 4.3 vortec v-6. It is way underpowered. The transmission grinds and tries to shift too much between 35- 40 mph. I had the transmission replaced at 30 K (unacceptable). I wanted to give GM another shot after driving Fords for so long. I will not do it again. Vehicle rides good and I get about 17.5 mpg around town.

Having 2nd thoughts
By 07 OWNER on 07/06/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

Bought new in Oct 06, like how it drove and performed, very comfortable however now after owning it for 21 months the steering/suspension makes all kinds of noise and feels like it's going to fall apart when going over any uneven surface. The transmission sometimes shifts hard when the truck's still warming up in the morning, the original tires are crap and are already wearing out after only 22000 miles, the front tires are especially bad even after being balanced and rotated regulary. The headliner is pulling loose around the edges. The truck has good acceleration and is great at high speeds on the highway but the front end/steering system is probably the worst of any vehicle I've owned.

Best Truck Ever
By Steve-O on 06/14/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Extended Cab SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

From the moment I heard about the Intimidator I just had to get one. And oh man do I love this truck. This is my first new truck. I've taken it everywhere. I've gone to Bakersfield a few times and I just love when people heads turn when I'm in the streets. I love the attention I get. It's truly a sports truck.

Like Nothing Else
By Oh Yeah!!! on 05/31/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

I just bought this truck about 4 months ago and I love everything about it from the interior to the 6.0 engine. Just last week I took it to Las Vegas and it was a lot of fun to drive. This is my daily driver so I take it everywhere from work to the grocery store. Definitely recommend it to everyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.