Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Most Helpful|
Very Satisfied!
By UsedtobeDodgeguy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for this Silverado and couldn't be happier with my choice. This truck doesn't have the get up and go of the Hemi but it doesn't have the vibrations either. The gas mileage is also better on the Chevy with the 5.3 V8 vs the Hemi. I'm getting about 17mpg on the Chevy compared to 15mpg with the Hemi. The transmission shifts smoother and is all together a better ride. The crew cab is also alot bigger than Dodge's quad cab. Also, the Chevy sits lower which makes it where you don't need step bars. The Dodge had to have them because even factory it sits high. The seats in the Chevy are alot more comfortable than Dodge's. The Chevy is just a better family vehicle.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on the steering wheel is very nice and the temperature control for driver/passenger is nice. My wife gets cold and she can adjust her side to warmer. Also, I love the oil life monitor and all the programmable options. The chevy is just so much more user friendly than the Dodge was.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing as of yet. It's just so much better than my Dodge was that I don't know that I could ever complain about this truck and I have always been a Dodge guy. I guess call me a Chevy guy now cause I have converted.

Great Truck!
By pc

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Crew Cab LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this 2007 Silverado new in Oct. 06-I've got 60,000 miles on it now- I've got nothing but good to say about it- Its not the most plush, does not have all the bells and whistles- but very comfortable-Its a truck- Still has orig. tires, and brakes-just replaced the battery- I use it all the time -have taken it on long cross country trips- towing a camper- never had a problem- still has great gas mileage- great power- great ride- this truck is tough- I would take it anywhere without a worry! Its my 2nd one- the last one I put 150,000 miles on it before I gave it away- its still running- Owned fords, dodge, toyota,-chevy truck is the best I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Just put it in Drive- and it goes

Suggested Improvements

Tailgate- handle needs to be beefed up

Best full-size truck for the money
By Ray in Phoenix

Speaker Blew in 6 months, tires worn out at 24,000 miles, alignment is off in 2 years. Rides like it is on a trampoline. Suspension is too soft. Brakes are squeaking. Installed a K&N intake and the power and gas mileage is amazing. Good truck for the money. Definitely needs a stiffer suspension.

Favorite Features

Vortec, good power , good gas mileage. Roomy interior, excellent A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, brakes, tires, stereo, interior materials.

Love it!
By ChevySilverado

Bought this truck about 6 months ago and still love it. My truck is the LT1 so it doesn't have leather seats or the sunroof but the cloth seats are comfortable for long rides and I can live without a sunroof. Plenty of get up and go with 5.3 V8. I hardly ever get over 2000 rpms so I drive it about as easy as you can and the best gas mileage i've ever got was 18.7mpg and that was on the highway. Usually, in the city I average about 17mpg which I think is pretty good for a crew cab truck. My only complaint is not having a grab handle on the driver side to get in. I don't like having to fall out of the truck and messing my seat up. I would rather pick myself up to get in or out with the handle.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, dual-climate controls and the flip up console that allows you to carry 6 people instead of 5. In the LT2, you have bucket seats and full center console so it doesn't double as a seat. The fold down console in the LT1 works great and can still function as a seat if needed.

Suggested Improvements

Grab handle on the driver side is about it. I only complain about this because I hate to see trucks with 50,000 miles and the driver seat wore out where somebody has slid in and out so much. The grab handle would allow you to pick yourself up over the edge of the seat.

Best Review Yet
By Dan's Truck

Not sure why people have a problem with brakes and tires. I've got 55,000 miles, yea 55 thousand, and brakes don't squeak. Also got 43,000!!!! out of the tires, you have to actually rotate them...Have pulled a horse trailer, is great, forgot it was back there. Didn't get Bose speaker system, but regular system does good for what its for. At 55K miles, still got 8mm left on front brakes, for unknowing people, that's awesome! Only one aggravation, passenger seat squeaks. Other than that, I plan on adding another 55K miles to it pretty quick. Oh yea, 21 MPG on a trip from Orlando, I'm sure I'll get more when I go to Miami!!!

Favorite Features

Rides like a cadillac when not using it as an actual truck. When using it as a truck, lives up to expectations as a 1500, some people must think its a 3500 with other reviews i've read.

Suggested Improvements

Seat squeak, probably seat track. Bigger Gas tank. I go through 26 gallons pretty quick. Fix these customers who forget you have to rotate tires and try to haul a house with a 1500.