Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Love it!
By ChevySilverado

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck about 6 months ago and still love it. My truck is the LT1 so it doesn't have leather seats or the sunroof but the cloth seats are comfortable for long rides and I can live without a sunroof. Plenty of get up and go with 5.3 V8. I hardly ever get over 2000 rpms so I drive it about as easy as you can and the best gas mileage i've ever got was 18.7mpg and that was on the highway. Usually, in the city I average about 17mpg which I think is pretty good for a crew cab truck. My only complaint is not having a grab handle on the driver side to get in. I don't like having to fall out of the truck and messing my seat up. I would rather pick myself up to get in or out with the handle.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, dual-climate controls and the flip up console that allows you to carry 6 people instead of 5. In the LT2, you have bucket seats and full center console so it doesn't double as a seat. The fold down console in the LT1 works great and can still function as a seat if needed.

Suggested Improvements

Grab handle on the driver side is about it. I only complain about this because I hate to see trucks with 50,000 miles and the driver seat wore out where somebody has slid in and out so much. The grab handle would allow you to pick yourself up over the edge of the seat.

Very Satisfied!
By UsedtobeDodgeguy

Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for this Silverado and couldn't be happier with my choice. This truck doesn't have the get up and go of the Hemi but it doesn't have the vibrations either. The gas mileage is also better on the Chevy with the 5.3 V8 vs the Hemi. I'm getting about 17mpg on the Chevy compared to 15mpg with the Hemi. The transmission shifts smoother and is all together a better ride. The crew cab is also alot bigger than Dodge's quad cab. Also, the Chevy sits lower which makes it where you don't need step bars. The Dodge had to have them because even factory it sits high. The seats in the Chevy are alot more comfortable than Dodge's. The Chevy is just a better family vehicle.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on the steering wheel is very nice and the temperature control for driver/passenger is nice. My wife gets cold and she can adjust her side to warmer. Also, I love the oil life monitor and all the programmable options. The chevy is just so much more user friendly than the Dodge was.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing as of yet. It's just so much better than my Dodge was that I don't know that I could ever complain about this truck and I have always been a Dodge guy. I guess call me a Chevy guy now cause I have converted.

Best Review Yet
By Dan's Truck

Not sure why people have a problem with brakes and tires. I've got 55,000 miles, yea 55 thousand, and brakes don't squeak. Also got 43,000!!!! out of the tires, you have to actually rotate them...Have pulled a horse trailer, is great, forgot it was back there. Didn't get Bose speaker system, but regular system does good for what its for. At 55K miles, still got 8mm left on front brakes, for unknowing people, that's awesome! Only one aggravation, passenger seat squeaks. Other than that, I plan on adding another 55K miles to it pretty quick. Oh yea, 21 MPG on a trip from Orlando, I'm sure I'll get more when I go to Miami!!!

Favorite Features

Rides like a cadillac when not using it as an actual truck. When using it as a truck, lives up to expectations as a 1500, some people must think its a 3500 with other reviews i've read.

Suggested Improvements

Seat squeak, probably seat track. Bigger Gas tank. I go through 26 gallons pretty quick. Fix these customers who forget you have to rotate tires and try to haul a house with a 1500.

In my opinion
By IN MY OPINION

When I bought this truck it was my first major purchase on a vehicle. I'm now 23 years old, I drive at least 60 miles a day back and forth to work. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a truck, good for this size truck, but gas prices stink now so. Unlike everyone else my brakes don't and never have made noise. The seats creak a little and the fuel pump is a little loud. It's probably going to die soon, oh well. It does drive extremely well for a truck. The truck is everything I expected from Chevrolet. All I've pretty much done is service it, no major issues. People crying about the hood design and rock chips, get a bug deflector, it works, imagine that. Am still on original tires, brakes.

Favorite Features

Overall design, interior space, smooth ride, automatic dual climate controls, 100k warranty, locking differential, looks great with Silverstar headlights and foglights. Quiet ride, even with the cheap factory tires.

Suggested Improvements

You don't buy a Chevrolet for ultimate luxury. It's not a Lexus. Yeah the steering makes a little clunk noise occasionally. oh well, quit crying. Only thing I'd change is angle of center portion of dash. would have it straight so I could install a DVD unit and everyone enjoy it, not just me.

Alright Truck
By Taildancer

Just bought this used 2007 and already had it to the shop. Steering shaft making noise (replaced), speaker making noise (replaced), brakes sqeeking alot (cleaned). I guess we will see what happens from here out, but I do love the mileage I am getting (18-19) on road and (14-15) in town. I really think this maybe as smooth of a ride as your going to get out of a truck and that was one of the main selling points to me. Like riding in a car on the highway. Chevy need's to fix these few problem's. Seem's that there are alot of the same issue's out there so you would think they would fix them soon.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, cheap speakers, steering issues.