2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
Love it!
By ChevySilverado on 12/29/09 13:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck about 6 months ago and still love it. My truck is the LT1 so it doesn't have leather seats or the sunroof but the cloth seats are comfortable for long rides and I can live without a sunroof. Plenty of get up and go with 5.3 V8. I hardly ever get over 2000 rpms so I drive it about as easy as you can and the best gas mileage i've ever got was 18.7mpg and that was on the highway. Usually, in the city I average about 17mpg which I think is pretty good for a crew cab truck. My only complaint is not having a grab handle on the driver side to get in. I don't like having to fall out of the truck and messing my seat up. I would rather pick myself up to get in or out with the handle.

Very Satisfied!
By UsedtobeDodgeguy on 08/05/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for this Silverado and couldn't be happier with my choice. This truck doesn't have the get up and go of the Hemi but it doesn't have the vibrations either. The gas mileage is also better on the Chevy with the 5.3 V8 vs the Hemi. I'm getting about 17mpg on the Chevy compared to 15mpg with the Hemi. The transmission shifts smoother and is all together a better ride. The crew cab is also alot bigger than Dodge's quad cab. Also, the Chevy sits lower which makes it where you don't need step bars. The Dodge had to have them because even factory it sits high. The seats in the Chevy are alot more comfortable than Dodge's. The Chevy is just a better family vehicle.

Best Review Yet
By Dan's Truck on 05/30/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

Not sure why people have a problem with brakes and tires. I've got 55,000 miles, yea 55 thousand, and brakes don't squeak. Also got 43,000!!!! out of the tires, you have to actually rotate them...Have pulled a horse trailer, is great, forgot it was back there. Didn't get Bose speaker system, but regular system does good for what its for. At 55K miles, still got 8mm left on front brakes, for unknowing people, that's awesome! Only one aggravation, passenger seat squeaks. Other than that, I plan on adding another 55K miles to it pretty quick. Oh yea, 21 MPG on a trip from Orlando, I'm sure I'll get more when I go to Miami!!!

In my opinion
By IN MY OPINION on 07/17/08 20:00 PM (PDT)

When I bought this truck it was my first major purchase on a vehicle. I'm now 23 years old, I drive at least 60 miles a day back and forth to work. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a truck, good for this size truck, but gas prices stink now so. Unlike everyone else my brakes don't and never have made noise. The seats creak a little and the fuel pump is a little loud. It's probably going to die soon, oh well. It does drive extremely well for a truck. The truck is everything I expected from Chevrolet. All I've pretty much done is service it, no major issues. People crying about the hood design and rock chips, get a bug deflector, it works, imagine that. Am still on original tires, brakes.

Alright Truck
By Taildancer on 05/06/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

Just bought this used 2007 and already had it to the shop. Steering shaft making noise (replaced), speaker making noise (replaced), brakes sqeeking alot (cleaned). I guess we will see what happens from here out, but I do love the mileage I am getting (18-19) on road and (14-15) in town. I really think this maybe as smooth of a ride as your going to get out of a truck and that was one of the main selling points to me. Like riding in a car on the highway. Chevy need's to fix these few problem's. Seem's that there are alot of the same issue's out there so you would think they would fix them soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.