Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500-classic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

Not the best
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Silverado classic ext cab 2wd in oct 06 for 25k. Trade value now is 6500. Two reasons, the first is the 4.3 vortec v-6. It is way underpowered. The transmission grinds and tries to shift too much between 35- 40 mph. I had the transmission replaced at 30 K (unacceptable). I wanted to give GM another shot after driving Fords for so long. I will not do it again. Vehicle rides good and I get about 17.5 mpg around town.

Favorite Features

100,000 mile warranty, color, seats.

Suggested Improvements

No v-6 option for ext cab. Better trim for work truck

So far I am happy
By larrymc911

I have been driving this truck for 6 months and have only 3500 miles on it, but I am very happy with this purchase. Excellent drivability, handling is good, power is weak, but what do you expect with a full sized pickup with a 6 cylinder. It makes up at the gas pump as it makes 19 miles per gallon in combined city and highway. I really can't think of anything I am not happy with so far.

Favorite Features

Comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to change oil filter when engine is warm. You burn your arm.

True & Tested Classic Makes Sense
By Hoppy

I was looking for a good basic truck. I wanted an extended cab, automatic, small v8 and a towing package. After looking at the new model, I decided that I would rather have a model that had been around for 8 years instead of 8 months. I couldn't be more pleased. I love the roomy interior and comfortable 40/20/40 seats. I prefer rubber flooring instead of carpeting. Fantastic truck for less than $20,000.

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy. Roomy interior and comfortable seating. The fact that all of the bugs have been worked out of this model. I also like the 100,000 mile warranty

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM tires

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic
By Trey

Traded in a 2007 Silverado regular cab 1500 5.3L for this truck. Very happy with the basic design and price. Also happy with the 18-19 MPG, I am experiencing. Truck handles well and has a much better stereo and interior lighting. No bells and whistles means more affordable and less accessories to break.

Favorite Features

All vinyl interior makes cleaning a snap, which I need in construction. Six person seating, 17" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

The front bench seat should have a moveable arm rest.