2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
My review starts at 106,000
By buggs on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel on 08/14/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

Like a rock ?
By Like a Rock ? on 12/31/08 13:54 PM (PST)

Chevy - Built like a rock (by all means). Original tires gone at 20,000. Tranny shifts like a rock also with a "kick in a butt" from first to second gear and slowly leaks. Good low end torque at first gear, but when passing on a vehicle in moderate traffic at second or third gear, pressing past halfway causes it to downshifts and produces potentially dangerous force. Had me sliding sideways in rain often! Not that I can't handle it but hey, there are civilians around! Loaded it with 22- 5 Gallon jugs, 35 lb. each. Rides like a caddy without shocks! Added leaf spring helpers-now rides like a true rock and nose dives like a fish! Nothing personal, lucky it's leased!

Good deal and gas mileage
By tom on 03/27/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

Bought brand new with 100k warranty, auto, air, tint, cloth 60/40 seats. work truck. Gets 500 miles to the tank on the highway in Utah. About 21- 22. 19 all around. No problems so far, hauls boat ok. Paid 15k with two ski season passes plus 10 additional. Now have close to thirty and tires are starting to show wear.

What Happened To Quality?
By Chevys Lemon on 01/15/08 09:18 AM (PST)

My Silverado 1500 Classic has already had to have the rotors and drums turned! What has happened to Chevy's quality? It took the dealership-2 tries to even figure out what was going on. In town driving only--it has the tow pkg--which I don't use. The mpg is horrible. Have been a Chevy family for a long time but no more.

Super!
By Ismael on 02/27/07 18:17 PM (PST)

I'm so happy about this purchase. I did buy my truck and was in doubt, because the all new Chevy Silverado, but I think this one, the classic, looks better than the new one. The front is bolder than the all new, probably the interior it's better in the all new, but I'm so happy, and i received a $2000 rebate, and they paid off my trade-in, and they gave me 3 oil changes free, and 2 full tanks free. I'm so glad, the warranty its great. I strongly recommend this one over Ford, Dodge, Nissan and Toyota. And I recommend buying the extended warranty. It's cheap and covers for 6 years bumper 2 bumper.

2007 Silverado Classic WT
By Randy on 12/07/06 12:29 PM (PST)

This is my 2nd Silverado regular cab WT from this generation truck. Other than a rougher ride than I recall in the '04 I am fairly satisfied. The rough ride may be because GM converted to 17 inch wheels for gas mileage in '05 versus 16 inchers on the '04, or because one of the OEM General tires was noticeably out of round. Took a trip to the tire store to get it fixed, but still bumpier than I recall on the last one. So far it is averaging 17MPG in town with a lot of that being on the freeway at about 60MPH, so hopefully that will improve as the vehicle gets a bit more broken in. It was hard to beat the price of the regular cab Classic back in October when GM had $4K rebates on it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.