Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:

My review starts at 106,000
By buggs

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Style, comfort, interior

support the back end more to carry heavier loads. Even though I carry a heavy load all day

Not Bad for Spare Parts
By maiphet

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal at a dealership for my trade in and 100K powertrain warranty helped my confidence. One of the best riding trucks I have owned really a smooth and comfortable ride. Got the 4.8 L and gas mileage is good on long trips, but a little underpowered if you want to go hot rodding. Final word not bad for a truck made from the final year of the old body styles.

Comfortable front seats, comfortable ride, good gas mileage, 100K warranty, color and trim.

Need Better factory tires. Fishtails unexpectedly when raining and taking sharp turns. Eliminate the governor. Dear Chevy, I might need to go past 98 mph one day

Ho Hum
By Barney

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a 10YO Ford F150 that rotted away. The Chevy has 75 more hp and gets better gas mileage than the Ford +1 for the Chevy. Exterior paint is already fading on the side molding -1 for the Chevy. Wallows like a tippy canoe and loses contact with the road when pushed to spirited driving levels -3 for the Chevy. It's quiet, had a couple recalls that took care of steering rattle and transmission leakage. Ho Hum. I bought it because I had to have another truck immediately, it got 3 to 5 mpg better than the smaller engined Ford, and at the time it was way cheaper than any Ford I could find.

Gas mileage, power, quiet ride.

I'm sure the new body style (NBS) vehicles handle better than the "Classic". Paint fading is unforgivable. Longer warranty.

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

Rides pretty good for a truck, but you sacrifice hauling and towing abilities to get the smooth ride. Rear end sags with only a few hundred pounds on the hitch or in the bed.

Put a real suspension under it so it can haul what it is rated for without dragging the ground. Get rid of the cheap plastic clips that break. Install decent body bushings that don't squeak. Pretty much, just build a darn truck that can be used like a truck!

What a truck is supposed to be
By Granite

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has the necessary amenities (cd,cloth seats), tow package, nothing extra. Back seat flips up to expose a larger cargo area than most trucks, but seats full size adults with ease when down. Truck rides like a truck when the bed is empty, like a Cadillac with a moderate load in back. Very quite, especially for a pickup truck. Front seat is a little bit firm, feels overstuffed, making it difficult to find the sweet spot between seat angle, distance from the pedals, and steering wheel angle. Awesome vehicle. This one nails the proper ratio of comfort, roominess, and good old pickup truck style and utility.

Flip up bench in back. Ample room in cab for folks and gear. Good stereo sound.

Seats a bit too firm. Wish it had 4 wheel disks, but stops darn fast with rear drums. Needs a flip down armrest. They shouldn't make a truck without a flip down armrest for the middle of the bench.