2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 Classic model:
My review starts at 106,000
By buggs on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new with 38 miles on it. In my type of business, its stop and go, stop and go all day for miles. That includes turning off and starting again many, many times through the day.Through highways and country roads, pot holes, rain and winter weather. This truck has never left me stranded. I am very anal about my vehicles. Doing maintenance and replacing parts before they go out. Been a Chevy man for many years now. If you take care of them, they will take care of you. Just had the brakes done at 105,000. Even though mechanic said you don't need them. One of the best trucks I've ever owned

Not Bad for Spare Parts
By maiphet on 09/08/10 02:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal at a dealership for my trade in and 100K powertrain warranty helped my confidence. One of the best riding trucks I have owned really a smooth and comfortable ride. Got the 4.8 L and gas mileage is good on long trips, but a little underpowered if you want to go hot rodding. Final word not bad for a truck made from the final year of the old body styles.

Ho Hum
By Barney on 08/26/10 10:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a 10YO Ford F150 that rotted away. The Chevy has 75 more hp and gets better gas mileage than the Ford +1 for the Chevy. Exterior paint is already fading on the side molding -1 for the Chevy. Wallows like a tippy canoe and loses contact with the road when pushed to spirited driving levels -3 for the Chevy. It's quiet, had a couple recalls that took care of steering rattle and transmission leakage. Ho Hum. I bought it because I had to have another truck immediately, it got 3 to 5 mpg better than the smaller engined Ford, and at the time it was way cheaper than any Ford I could find.

Good Truck If You Use It Like A Car
By Stancel on 08/14/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

First let me say. I USE my truck, but I don't ABUSE my truck. I pull a trailer with it several times a month, and I use it on gravel roads around my hunting camp. I also regularly haul materials with it. That being said, this truck just isn't built to be used like a truck. It is 3-1/2 years old with 22,500 miles. Already it squeaks like crazy, tires went out at 15,000 miles, headliner is falling, the plastic trim on the pillar has broken clips and is hanging, and one of the tail lights fell out while sitting at a red light. Bottom line, if all you do is grocery shop with your truck, or just want one because you think they're cool, then this is your truck. If NEED a TRUCK, look elsewhere!!

What a truck is supposed to be
By Granite on 07/12/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has the necessary amenities (cd,cloth seats), tow package, nothing extra. Back seat flips up to expose a larger cargo area than most trucks, but seats full size adults with ease when down. Truck rides like a truck when the bed is empty, like a Cadillac with a moderate load in back. Very quite, especially for a pickup truck. Front seat is a little bit firm, feels overstuffed, making it difficult to find the sweet spot between seat angle, distance from the pedals, and steering wheel angle. Awesome vehicle. This one nails the proper ratio of comfort, roominess, and good old pickup truck style and utility.

Great Truck!
By pc on 03/09/10 08:31 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this 2007 Silverado new in Oct. 06-I've got 60,000 miles on it now- I've got nothing but good to say about it- Its not the most plush, does not have all the bells and whistles- but very comfortable-Its a truck- Still has orig. tires, and brakes-just replaced the battery- I use it all the time -have taken it on long cross country trips- towing a camper- never had a problem- still has great gas mileage- great power- great ride- this truck is tough- I would take it anywhere without a worry! Its my 2nd one- the last one I put 150,000 miles on it before I gave it away- its still running- Owned fords, dodge, toyota,-chevy truck is the best I've ever had.

Bought it Used
By Jeff Love on 02/06/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Always having a truck and always buying them used, I departed from my usual - Toyota and bought a used 2007 Chevy extended cab with 4.8 V8 and LT1 options. The vehicle has 74K miles and is in excellent condition. So far, I am very impressed with this truck. It rides well. No major squeaks or noises. Auto trans shifts nicely and rides very well. I am impressed with the auto lights, auto locks and other options on this truck that I paid just $10K for - put another $500 for new tires, alignment and a bit of paint and body repair on the front bumper/cover - all done by dealer at cost. For the value/cost, this is just an excellent truck.

Love it!
By ChevySilverado on 12/29/09 13:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck about 6 months ago and still love it. My truck is the LT1 so it doesn't have leather seats or the sunroof but the cloth seats are comfortable for long rides and I can live without a sunroof. Plenty of get up and go with 5.3 V8. I hardly ever get over 2000 rpms so I drive it about as easy as you can and the best gas mileage i've ever got was 18.7mpg and that was on the highway. Usually, in the city I average about 17mpg which I think is pretty good for a crew cab truck. My only complaint is not having a grab handle on the driver side to get in. I don't like having to fall out of the truck and messing my seat up. I would rather pick myself up to get in or out with the handle.

Very Satisfied!
By UsedtobeDodgeguy on 08/05/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for this Silverado and couldn't be happier with my choice. This truck doesn't have the get up and go of the Hemi but it doesn't have the vibrations either. The gas mileage is also better on the Chevy with the 5.3 V8 vs the Hemi. I'm getting about 17mpg on the Chevy compared to 15mpg with the Hemi. The transmission shifts smoother and is all together a better ride. The crew cab is also alot bigger than Dodge's quad cab. Also, the Chevy sits lower which makes it where you don't need step bars. The Dodge had to have them because even factory it sits high. The seats in the Chevy are alot more comfortable than Dodge's. The Chevy is just a better family vehicle.

Best Review Yet
By Dan's Truck on 05/30/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

Not sure why people have a problem with brakes and tires. I've got 55,000 miles, yea 55 thousand, and brakes don't squeak. Also got 43,000!!!! out of the tires, you have to actually rotate them...Have pulled a horse trailer, is great, forgot it was back there. Didn't get Bose speaker system, but regular system does good for what its for. At 55K miles, still got 8mm left on front brakes, for unknowing people, that's awesome! Only one aggravation, passenger seat squeaks. Other than that, I plan on adding another 55K miles to it pretty quick. Oh yea, 21 MPG on a trip from Orlando, I'm sure I'll get more when I go to Miami!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.