2004 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

LS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (28 reviews )
Sweet little truck
By bulldurham48 on 12/11/13 18:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have had my ZR-5 for about 6 years now and can really find no faults with it. I use it mostly for hunting and pulling a large trailer with a BadBoy Buggy in it and have never had a problem with it. Uses a little more gas than I expected when pulling a big loaded trailer, but not bad really. Has preformed really well in the red clay and mud found here in central Virginia, and has never been stuck even though I have taken it places I should not have. As long as its well maintained, oil changes, lubed, anti-freeze changed, things like that it does great. Really happy with my little sweet heart.

love turned to dislike
By dakitn on 05/07/13 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I agree with the other posting, love the truck, but it is a money pit. Had to put in another rear end at 70,000 miles, and know another guy also did. the road noise is terrible, wheel bearing bad, new radiator, gas tank broke between the nozzle and tank, fuel pump gone, just to name a few. I have had the truck from 13,000 miles. have had other s10's in past and no problems at the rate of this one.

2004 ZR5
By chevy1984 on 10/19/11 16:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

i have had 2 S-10's loved both of them they always did what i ask of it including things that were really rated for this truck. my 2000 extended cab which i never really understood the one fold up seat in the back i drove to 120000 miles with no problem. then i bought a 2004 zr5 it was a great truck. the only thing i would have changed about this truck is the box needs to be bigger but i got by with it. it hauled my wood and a load of rock that i needed with no problem. i would have kept the truck but i had to replace the rear end twice i have researched this and cant find anything where its a popular problem so maybe it just a freak thing with mine. was with out a car 1 week both times

Nice little truck
By rustynobles on 12/09/08 08:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, not too big. Slight driving noise, sounds like the window is slightly open. Descent factory stereo. Comfortable interior, and handy bed for carrying deer and accessories.

2002 S-10 Crew 4x4
By jdkan1 on 04/09/07 07:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Problems with the front end (4x4) front suspension. At 60,000 miles it had to be re-built. Problems with vacuum system and actuators, had to be re- built at 55,000. Nice truck, too many problems.

2004 S10 Crewcab
By oldpawdad on 02/21/06 23:14 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a hard cover on the bed, so I call it my 4WD car with a large trunk. My wife and I have been to Florida and also to WV and we like the truck. Only 19 mpg on the road with the 3:73 axle, but good acceleration.

S-10 ZR5
By Chevy Queen on 12/31/04 08:52 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Although the seat material is real bad its a nice riding truck and the ZR5 comes with a very nice design. The Colorado , to me, has absolutely no storage. You can at least put things behind the seat of the S-10, where the Colorado hasn't even got run for a long ice scraper

S-10 Crew Cab Great
By Rock34 on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle for the price. It is sporty and comfortable. It handles well with great options.

Nice ZR5
By Empty on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck that rides like a car. I don't like the seat material, hard to keep clean and hard to vacuum. Excellent on gas, true to ratings. Crew cab is excellent in 4X4, no extra weight needed.

REVOLUTION!!
By Terrance McCarthy on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly comfortable. Seats are more comfortable than the SUV I traded. Excellent towing capability for my camping trailer. Sharp exterior lines and the radio has features I never before had. Love the truck!