2003 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Xtreme fun

2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Review

LS Xtreme Extended Cab Pickup (2.2L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Xtreme fun
By Randy on

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I got a good deal on it. I have owned two other S10 trucks before this one. I drive a lot, so each of the previous trucks had over 180,000 on them when I sold them. I really didn't want another S10 but when I drove the Xtreme I went ahead and bought it. I have had more people make comments about this truck that any other vehicle I have owned. Everyone likes the appearance and I like the performance. It's not a super car but it combines the truck I need with the fun to drive as a bonus. I plan to drive this one till at least 190,000 and don't expect any major problems.

Appearance, performance, OK gas mileage,

Cup holders in a bad place, shifter hits cup in holder. Seat recline lever will break on every one of these, guaranteed. Heater core replacement on every one I have owned. The really nice extendable double visor not standard anymore. the automatic transmission is a weak point after 100,000