I got my Xtreme before they are gone...
By Xtremely Happy on
2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Already an owner of an S-10 I knew I would be pleased w/ another. My '96 has over 110k & except for normal repairs (brake pads, shocks, plugs, clutch, filters, etc.) it has been a great little truck & I kept it for my daily driver. It appears S-10s will be done after 2003 & I didn't want to miss my change to grab an Xtreme. Being my 1st new car, I wanted to place a factory order & get exactly what options I wanted. After having the order in writing, but on hold, for almost 4 months I finally took the leap mid Feb. As it turns out, I got Xtremely lucky & it arrived just 3 weeks later as GM launched 0% for 60mo & $1k GM loyalty rebate.
Favorite Features
Looks rank high on my list which is why I chose the Xtreme over LS w/the ZQ8. I also went w/ bucket seats which I like vs the 60/40 bench seat. If the engine runs as well as that last one, this will also be one of my most appreciated features in the years to come.
Suggested Improvements
Where is the V8 option? - C’mon, this should be a no-brainer if you are trying to sell this as a performance vehicle… A roll pan rather than the step rear bumper - who is towing with an Xtreme?… Lastly a tuned exhaust system would be nice as well.