2003 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Great little truck

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Great little truck
By dlr on

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned small trucks for 30 years, starting with Datsun, 2 Mazdas, a Toyota, and now an S-10. This truck has been great so far....everything works, it's economical (over 23mpg in town, with canopy), very comfortable (I'm 6'1", 250lbs), and fun to drive. The rig also came with more accessories as standard then any other truck I've owned. I used my GM card to discount it to $8000 cash....I have been offered more than I paid for it by my brother, who is also impressed. The last small truck I had was a '90 Toyota, which was a great little truck too, but didn't have near the amenities and cost $7000 in '90 (after much haggling with the dealer). The Mazda's scored less-so.

Guages...love 'em. Seats, great for small rig. Good visibility and stock mirrors. Engine very smooth, and most importantly to me, economical.

If you have the 2.2L Vortec, you want a manual transmission....turn the air off if you're pushing the rig or going uphill.