2003 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: A TOUGH LITTLE WORKHORSE

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

A TOUGH LITTLE WORKHORSE
By jerrymax on

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, I don't actually "own" my S-10 but as a state highway engineer it was assigned to me brand new in January 2003. I am the only one who drives it and it now has 116,000 miles. On the job I drive up onto highway medians, over curbs, into wooded areas, etc. It takes a beating and keeps on going. Been very reliable. Worse thing was a broken throttle cable at 60,000 miles. Routine maintenance only by our state mechanics. Has pretty good acceleration but terrible traction on snow and ice. I've taken it on several official business trips to upstate New York and it performed very well. Always starts, always gets me where I'm going. Been a good little workhorse and I'll miss it when it's gone.

Favorite Features

I've got the Plain Jane base model---no push button windows, no CD player---so it's not loaded with features but the radio, heater and air conditioner work and it's a fairly smooth ride. Reliability is what I like best in any car and this vehicle has been very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

They've canceled the S-10 and replaced it with the Colorado, so suggested improvements don't mean much. I hope the new model has more legroom. I'm just 5'9" but would like to move the seat back further than it goes. Anyone over six feet tall will be in for a cramped ride.