2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
So far so good
By Blair105@aol.com on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck last week. so far very comfortable ride, smoothe vortec 4300 engine - could use more low end power. very roomy for a compact pickup. love the insta trac shift on the fly 4wd. had to use it the 2nd day I had it in the sand. Would reccomend. have heard a lot of good stories about these durable trucks.

2003 S-10 Crew Cab
By jspt46 on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck so far. Not much leg room in the back seat for my 11year old. Please get the 3.73 gear ratio option. The 3.42 has no low end torque. It has no take off power. Nice vehicle and you can't beat the $4000 rebate!

I got my Xtreme before they are gone...
By Xtremely Happy on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Already an owner of an S-10 I knew I would be pleased w/ another. My '96 has over 110k & except for normal repairs (brake pads, shocks, plugs, clutch, filters, etc.) it has been a great little truck & I kept it for my daily driver. It appears S-10s will be done after 2003 & I didn't want to miss my change to grab an Xtreme. Being my 1st new car, I wanted to place a factory order & get exactly what options I wanted. After having the order in writing, but on hold, for almost 4 months I finally took the leap mid Feb. As it turns out, I got Xtremely lucky & it arrived just 3 weeks later as GM launched 0% for 60mo & $1k GM loyalty rebate.

Sporty S-10
By kherald on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First of all, my truck is the 4.3L, 4Spd automatic trans, ZQ8 suspension, locking diff (which isn't listed in drop-down style options). If you are planning on towing anything avoid the ZQ8 package because it isn't designed for towing. The engine gives me about 17-20 MPG which is as advertised.

John's review
By tankerman83 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good truck i'm happy with what I got for the price but it needs a little more leg room and power but other that that it's a all around good truck I suggest you buy it but get an extracab.

Great Offroad vehicle
By StoutZR2 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Looks great, rides great and can tackle any obsticle you throw at it. It has a mean look to it with the lift kit and big tires that come from factory. I really like the third door option. Not bad mileage. I can tow my toys without any problems and when I feel adventurous the truck handles awesome off the beaten path. The best offroad truck I have ever driven that comes from factory. Good job GM,we're gonna miss the ZR2 in '04. Let's hope the Colorado keeps up the tradition.

ZR2
By DGL24087 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second S10, the first was a 1989 regular cab 4x4. After 9 years and 199000 miles, I got out of the truck and owned a couple of cars. Now I've come back to the S10. So far, I love it!!

You'll want one, familes with teenagers
By Charles Winton on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We just purchased our S-10 Crew Cab. Sight unseen we purchased our S-10, and in no way have we been sold short! With to teenage boys active in sports, Boy Scouts etc., we needed a vechicle which would match our life style, with a little something to carry around our cut Christmas tree each year and the many other small hauling requirements. Right after we took it home we had an 8 inch snow storm. What a dream, and the security we felt was unmatched. It handled like a dream. A couple weeks later we went up to the mountains here in Utah, and extremely satified with it's handling under 4X4 low and high settings. Sincerely Appericated

S-10 Nice Power, some rattles
By Canadian Beaver on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Multitude of options & great price. LS ext cab. 4.3L V6 has plenty of power. Rear end breaks free in the rain/snow. Steering is slow. Gauges are excellent,bucket seats extremely comfortable (I am 6'1).Low maintenance features like (144,000 mile) radiator fluid, 100,000 mile spark plugs, etc. Others-sliding rear window, third door, automatic-on headlight sensors, centre console etc. The automatic transmission is very smooth. Horrible gas mileage. Sandbags/patio stones are a must for winter driving. Lots of value in this truck and a proven design.

don't need to be perfect
By danny in TX on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's a 1996 LS 4.3 w/auto and 95000 mi. I've had A/C problems, but I think it is MIDAS instead of GM. Heater not working. Powerful and comfy. Never failed to start. Looks great, not stupid like some others. Prob won't buy another GM however. According to other comments, and wife's Blazer, I've been lucky.