2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Rated on a 1998 /and 1987 models
By carpenter on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

2nd S10 that I have owned this is on a 87/98 extended 3 door cab LS model

Great truck
By bowtieguy on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my S-10 for almost 6 months and have only had 2 problems with it, both under warranty, and fixed by my local dealership in a few hours. NOt that i recommend doing it allot, i've hauled over a half ton of dirt in my little quarter ton truck. Plus it's the 2.2 four. I get almost 30 miles to a gallon, and once i put a taneu on it i expect it to jump higher. I took it camping with a big load in the back and the truck never had problems accelerating, even passing on the expressway.

Great little truck!
By Handy Andy on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first truck (I've owned 8 cars before). I love the convenience of being able to haul all kinds of stuff. I have all the options that I need. Supprizingly comfortable ride for a 4WD! I only have 1300 miles on it now, and have a wheel shimmy in the back (feels like the back). Will have to get that checked out...

chevrolet truck
By Greg Brooks on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At 1000 miles door handles broke.16000 Miles fuel pump went out and the front oil seal.18000 miles brake problems.Very unhappy with the chevrolet s10

Black S-10 Crew Cab 4WD
By flynhi on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got the 3.73 gears, and the trucks performs great. Has great pickup from highway speeds, and is nice off the line. The 4x4 engages nicely and works well. Very comfortable inside.

S10 ZQ8
By mbaker on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The S10 is, in my opinion, a great value in today's automotive market. Yes the design is old and the engine is not the most refined. GM will fix that in a few months with the release of the all new Colorado and Canyon. However, the S10 gets the job done quite well. With the ZQ8 package and a strong V6, I can tackle the curvy backroads as well as weekend chores. I do pay a price for the tight suspension. The ride is harsh. Right now is a great time to take advantage of the rebates and finance rates. My truck is loaded. I paid thousands under sticker and I have no intrest to pay. If that's not a great deal I don't know what is.

Best One Yet
By Slickeeboy on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great overall truck. This is my third one and is by far the best. Good torque for off-road and the posi doesn't hurt either. The 190hp 4.3 moves the heavy S-10 model better than I thought it would.

most gut less vehicle i have ever owned
By jim my real name! on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

motor has NO power,downshifts on every incline no matter how minor,at 60 u r forcing it,and a " go- cart" like this thing should get much more than 25 to 27 mph,i have a 91 dodge spirit with a 4 banger in it that will eat this things lunch any day of the week n gets 32 to 35 mph. most gutless vehicle i have ever owned,definately regret buying it,will never repeat this mistake!

3months and all is well
By MyZR2 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck a couple of months ago and love it. The fit and finish is good, the truck drives and looks great. I have gotten many comments on the looks of the truck. So far so good!

Black Crew
By malligood on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I really have enjoyed my CC with no problems other than a paint issue. It's fun to drive and the way I have it dressed up it really turns heads.