2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Great Little Truck
By AWC on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 s-10 is a great truck , if you know how to drive a five speed you can really get this truck moving failry quick. The five speed is the way to go if you are going to buy the s-10 , you have a more powerful take off and accelerate alot faster.The trucks suspension is overall tight, and it gets 30 miles a gallon.I purchased this truck for work because it gets great gas mileage.The interior is nice , and the additional passengers side airbag is a great addition, with an optional on -off button.The truck rides very smooth. Overall this is a nice little truck and at 10,700 dollars Im not going to complain for a brand new truck.

Don't waste money!!! Trust me...
By nuendo84 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

had a 97 model, Dexcool in a car is something you don't want- that's the new antifreeze. Person I bought truck from didn't change it because you're supposed to be able to go 60k with it- NOPE! let one little trickle of air (from a radiator cap), or green antifreeze,or let it get old and kiss your engine GOODBYE! ALSO- the suspenion after 40-50k starts to suck. Shock was leaking, tie rod ends were dead, I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER CHEVY ANYTHING AGAIN! Had bad problems withe a 1995 Formula Firebird LT1 at 80k miles!

2nd s-10 crew
By kiddkat on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second s-10 crew cab 1st one being 2001, all around good truck plenty of power, also added torneau cover improves gas milage for me considerably. a good buy for the $$ good resale value. the 2003 ive had for about 3 weeks and its the same as the first even in color (pewter). great cd/cassette stereo. tows my 4 wheelers with ease you dont need a full size. i would by a third one in a heartbeat.

Nice little truck!
By Highseascop on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have done a couple of long road trips with this truck and Im impressed with the performence and the comfort, however I came out of a 2000 Grand AM GT so Im new with the hole truck experience. The gas mileage Isnt the greatest... I can say one thing DO NOT BUY IT IN BLACK! also I highly suggest buying custom mud flaps......

Just what I needed
By dffc on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my CC and so far it has been great. Got the 6 CD changer stereo and it will blow you out of the truck. This truck is good in the mountains. It has plenty of power. Got the 3.73 gears which gives it great take off power. Also got the ZR5 package, looks great.

hated it
By jkh6148 on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

for me - strickly a younger persons truck - engine and transmission were loud - off road tires areloud and throws slush/mud/water up onto itself - making it impossible to keep clean especially in winter

Best truck ever
By 454 ss 725 hp on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

very reliable well rounded truck.

Good Truck
By Dllusr396 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good all around truck

Maximum Extreme
By neon_breze on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I went to buy a base model s-10, but the flashy, tripped out extreme package wouldn't let me go. This being my first new vehicle, I have had nothing but fun driving it, and love the looks and comments people make about it. Way to go Chevrolet.

s-10
By marshall gibson on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In my experience with S-10's i've found that they're very tough and dependable. i've seen S-10's put through the worst off road abuse you can give a vehicle. from mudd riding to jumping them like in the dukes of hazard. they're a practical truck also. they don't drink gas like a full size truck but they can still haul or pull any load. For the money an S-10 is in my book the best buy.