2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
FIRST TIME ZR2 OWNER
By ZRTOWER on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

THUS FAR THE VEHICLE HAS EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS I HAD BEFORE PURCHASE.THE VERSATILITY OF THIS VEHICLE IS UTTERLY AMAZING. THE FUEL MILEAGE IS A LITTLE HARSH FOR A MIDSIZE BUT THE TOURQUE OF THE ENGINE IS DEFFINATLEY NOT HIDING IN THE BUSHES ITS THERE AND PROUD

not a bad little truck
By fireslayer79 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on an S-10, fully loaded. It runs great, love the sift on the fly 4 wheel drive and has plenty of cargo area.

A Good Little Guy Truck
By PaFab on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for over a year now, and it still performs the way it did the day I drove it off the lot. The thing I like about it the best is there is also a Western Snow plow available for it.

2003 Crew Cab
By wiznbyu on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far this has been a good truck. I don't tow anything, but needed a 4X4 for hunting and winter. The four door is great for kids and I still have a small box for hauling whatever I need to move.

Fair vehicle
By erich1 on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For anyone looking for a light weight truck, this is the best. Packs a 2.2L 4-banger which has plenty of power for around the town and small trip driving. Fuel economy is good on highway (27mpg), bad in city (15mpg). Might just of been my truck, but the GM paint job was not at all to my liking. Many paint bubbles/imperfections found throughout the truck.

Great Little Truck
By Joe Novakoff on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is excellent for every day use. With a Topper on the bed,it serves almost every need I have. I have a small gardening service and the ease of transporting Plants and bags of fertilizer and other supplies is made simple with the low entrance to the truck bed. is a great vehicle for every other shopping trip also. The excellent economy makes it ideal for city and thru-way drives. Economy, comfort cargo space makes it almost the perfect vehicle.

I love my 95 s-10 4 cyl, normal cab
By Casey Buck on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I actually bought the truck in mid 99. I have taken good care of the truck and it has taken great care of me. When I bought it, it had 88800 miles now it has 183200, with almost no problems. I replaced the water pump, the upper radiator hose twice( a 10 minute job) and just normal maintence. I never replaced the clutch, I dont think it is original, but it might be. It runs so nice still. It doenst burn or leak a drip of oil. I got it when I was 17, Im now almost 22. It starts up just the same way as the first day I drove it. It is not really fast, but thats ok. It has decent torque. I even delivered pizzas with it for a long time, and it was always great.

S-10 Ride
By Huh? on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This S-10 is a 6 cyl regular cab. The list maker missed this one. I listed a 4 cll and it is not!

Best off-road vehicle out the door!!
By BADZR2 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Though my ZR2 is a 2002, I must voice my opinion. This truck ROCKS! I have taken this vehicle to the nastiest places off-roading and it performs above all other trucks in it's class!! I have even towed Jeeps out of jams!! Hopefully, the Colorado will carry on the tradition of the ZR2!. To all those guys worried about the gas mileage, give it 10,000 miles and your gas mileage will increase dramatically after break-in :)

ITS GREAT
By ROUNDS97 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

THIS TRUCK HAS GREAT HANDLING AND SPEED IT ALSO HAS TOWING POWER BELIEVE ME I KNOW I HAVE TOWED A 22 FOOT DOVE TAIL WITH A OLDSMOBILE ALERO ON IT TO NEW MEXICO ITS THE BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED