2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 5

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
3months and all is well
By MyZR2 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck a couple of months ago and love it. The fit and finish is good, the truck drives and looks great. I have gotten many comments on the looks of the truck. So far so good!

Sporty S-10
By kherald on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First of all, my truck is the 4.3L, 4Spd automatic trans, ZQ8 suspension, locking diff (which isn't listed in drop-down style options). If you are planning on towing anything avoid the ZQ8 package because it isn't designed for towing. The engine gives me about 17-20 MPG which is as advertised.

Great Offroad vehicle
By StoutZR2 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Looks great, rides great and can tackle any obsticle you throw at it. It has a mean look to it with the lift kit and big tires that come from factory. I really like the third door option. Not bad mileage. I can tow my toys without any problems and when I feel adventurous the truck handles awesome off the beaten path. The best offroad truck I have ever driven that comes from factory. Good job GM,we're gonna miss the ZR2 in '04. Let's hope the Colorado keeps up the tradition.

ZR2
By DGL24087 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second S10, the first was a 1989 regular cab 4x4. After 9 years and 199000 miles, I got out of the truck and owned a couple of cars. Now I've come back to the S10. So far, I love it!!

S-10 Nice Power, some rattles
By Canadian Beaver on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Multitude of options & great price. LS ext cab. 4.3L V6 has plenty of power. Rear end breaks free in the rain/snow. Steering is slow. Gauges are excellent,bucket seats extremely comfortable (I am 6'1).Low maintenance features like (144,000 mile) radiator fluid, 100,000 mile spark plugs, etc. Others-sliding rear window, third door, automatic-on headlight sensors, centre console etc. The automatic transmission is very smooth. Horrible gas mileage. Sandbags/patio stones are a must for winter driving. Lots of value in this truck and a proven design.

don't need to be perfect
By danny in TX on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's a 1996 LS 4.3 w/auto and 95000 mi. I've had A/C problems, but I think it is MIDAS instead of GM. Heater not working. Powerful and comfy. Never failed to start. Looks great, not stupid like some others. Prob won't buy another GM however. According to other comments, and wife's Blazer, I've been lucky.

Nice Truck
By John Stewart on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my S10 crewcab. I pull a boat and carry four people in the truck. The truck has plent of power and is fun to drive. I love this truck.

great truck
By s10 on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

i own a buss. and this is my dual duty truck as work and personal veh.at 100000 miles i put about 300.00 worth of parts it (besides the blown rear for overweight towing 5000lbs up to 8000lbs (iknow) REAR was a 900.00 repair,and a trip to nebraska towing a trailer w/car 5700lbs plus my stuff total trip 3000miles 2000 miles in 4wd and 19 mpg

Three Door Pickup
By Proud S10 owner on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had Chevy S-10 pickup trucks for over 10 years. And It was time for a new vehicle of course I had to get a third Chevy S-10. My first two S-10's I put over 300,000 miles on them. And am looking forward to putting 200,000 miles on this one.

New TRUCK
By Don Biser on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

WANT TO UP GRADE MY TRUCK. I HAVE A CHEV S-10 AND IT IS A 1989 WITH 123000 MILES. IT HAS BEEN A GOOD VEHICIE FOR ME.