Used 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Great little truck
By Mike

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got truck for my daughter last year. She need transportation to work. It still looks new. Only had to replace the battery the other day. That was normal and good for 4 years. I put a top on it and it work well for shopping. No leaks.

2003 S-10 LS 2 dr
By bdjr-s10

2003 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought brand new in June 2003, excellent value at time of purchase. Initially was a temporary replacement for my daily driver that needed transmission repair and planned to sell after 2 years of use but was extremely satisfied with overall performance, average 24-25 mpg and cheap maintenance. No breakdowns in 4 years, 50k miles that I held off selling and may just keep until another great deal comes along.

Auto headlights

2003 ZR2
By bdock17

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR2 package has got to be the best available option yet on the S10. The heavier drive train, suspension, lift kit, and bigger tires has got to make one of the best stock off road trucks with the best bang for the buck

ZR2 package, power sunroof

V8

Not bad
By brian

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I puchased this vehicle hoping for descent fuel mileage. I was a little disappointed. Power is great. It has been a reliable truck so far.

I like the sporty look of the pickup.

I wish that the fuel mileage would be better.

Xtreme fun
By Randy

2003 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I got a good deal on it. I have owned two other S10 trucks before this one. I drive a lot, so each of the previous trucks had over 180,000 on them when I sold them. I really didn't want another S10 but when I drove the Xtreme I went ahead and bought it. I have had more people make comments about this truck that any other vehicle I have owned. Everyone likes the appearance and I like the performance. It's not a super car but it combines the truck I need with the fun to drive as a bonus. I plan to drive this one till at least 190,000 and don't expect any major problems.

Appearance, performance, OK gas mileage,

Cup holders in a bad place, shifter hits cup in holder. Seat recline lever will break on every one of these, guaranteed. Heater core replacement on every one I have owned. The really nice extendable double visor not standard anymore. the automatic transmission is a weak point after 100,000