Used 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

LS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (23 reviews )

Gets it done
By John

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Highly versatile truck does everything well. Just reached 50,000 miles with only a few cosmetic problems. Motor does a good job. Peppy, but no speed demon. Driver/front passenger in comfortable well laid out interior. Back seat room for children/ short trips only. 4.3L V-6 good torque/hp but geared for low-speed power & economy. Wide turning radius can be a problem in tight areas. Doesn't like quick turns either. Having bought the vehicle in one of it's later years of production. I expected to have less fit & finish problems already worked out. Slightly disappointed with that. Still this highly versatile vehicle just "Gets'er done.

ZR-5 Package.

Great Truck for Women
By Sue Loves Black S-10

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My father worked for GM all his life, you could say that GM helped raise me. So when it came to make a choice on vehicles I had to go with a Chevy S- 10. It has been great. The AC works well, radio rocks out! The auto volume was the best invention ever made.

4x4 on the fly, Radio CD/cassette

Better gas mileage and longer bed.

My 7th S-10.......Yes I'm in a rutt.....
By TonyinOlympia

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Poor excuse for a pickup bed, but the only thing you can't haul is a 2X4 (if you open the slider you can get a 12'in if you hang on to it :). Great mid life kids/yardwork/misc projects vehicle. Gas mileage sucks, but no worse than anything else in this league. The residual power, auto headlights, and power everything are awesome. Chevy did a great job improving the brakes for 2002. This is a fair/cold weather vehicle, like all S-10's over the past few years, the heater seems to always be on. The A/C works VERY well, but it seems odd that you cannot force cool air out of the system when it is 40deg outside without turning on the A/C.

Lots of power, 2 kid seats in the back and still bring the wife and 1000lbs of pellet fuel, christmas tree, or coolers and tents for the camping trip. Towing is very good for a 4000lb trailer.

This is my 7th S-10 (can you say "Rutt". I have had issues with all of the transmissions and wiper motors - All of them! Now they have dis-continued the S-10 line after NO PROBLEMS with anything on this truck. If you want an S-10, pay the extra for a late model. Tony

Great Truck
By BDAD

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great overall truck for the "budget" minded. Pulls my 18 foot boat like a dream. Would like to see a tail gate open light installed on future models. I droped my payload on the road not knowing my son opened up the tailgate.

Push button 4x4 on the fly.

Would like to see a tail gate open light installed on future models. I droped my payload on the road not knowing my son opened up the tailgate. Wind noise is a bit more than I prefer.

Chevy's S-10 is the perfect truck !!
By chitownrepoman

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second S-10 and if they were still making them after this year I would buy another one. No problems out of my old one (1997 w/ 70,000) and none out of this one. The 4x4 is great, the motor will pull down a house, and the locking rear end rocks.

4x4, Rear Locker, 6 Disc In Dash CD, HD Suspension Package, in short Everything!!!

None, (well, maybe a V8 option)