Used 2003 Chevrolet S-10 LS Xtreme Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Xtreme fun
By Randy

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I got a good deal on it. I have owned two other S10 trucks before this one. I drive a lot, so each of the previous trucks had over 180,000 on them when I sold them. I really didn't want another S10 but when I drove the Xtreme I went ahead and bought it. I have had more people make comments about this truck that any other vehicle I have owned. Everyone likes the appearance and I like the performance. It's not a super car but it combines the truck I need with the fun to drive as a bonus. I plan to drive this one till at least 190,000 and don't expect any major problems.

Favorite Features

Appearance, performance, OK gas mileage,

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in a bad place, shifter hits cup in holder. Seat recline lever will break on every one of these, guaranteed. Heater core replacement on every one I have owned. The really nice extendable double visor not standard anymore. the automatic transmission is a weak point after 100,000

Sweet Ride
By Big Mac1982

A great truck turns alot of heads. Runs grat and looks good doing it!

Favorite Features

Sweet clean looks. Powerful V6. Smooth ride.

One sweet truck
By 1badxtreme

This is one sweet truck, the looks the performance its all there. I love my Xtreme it looks better than any truck on the market and it does it without a huge price tag.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to see a v8 or a supercharger option but the votrec v6 can achieve some good numbers.

Maximum Extreme
By neon_breze

I went to buy a base model s-10, but the flashy, tripped out extreme package wouldn't let me go. This being my first new vehicle, I have had nothing but fun driving it, and love the looks and comments people make about it. Way to go Chevrolet.

Favorite Features

The extreme sports package with racing stripes and the sport alloy rims...very nice. I also like the way the engine is color coded to show what components belong to what system.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the option for a V-6 or V- 8, and the rarity of the truck in this area gives no option for a manual transmission. I think a vehicle of this magnitude should come standard with both.