2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Not toooo bad...Not too impressed either
By mwahlgren7 on 06/17/11 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My chevy is slow. That's a fact. Edmunds claimed my four banger has a 0-60 time of 8 some seconds. That is a lie. The true time is around 15 seconds. it's ok off the line but it simply doesn't move once you get up there, and god forbid if you should try to pass anyone. The interior feels durable but also cheap and ugly in blobular chevy style. Gas mileage is pretty decent, i get around 23 average. The gearbox in my manual however, completely sucks. I've hit third on accident more than once at a stop sign because they are so darn close together, and the clutch feel unfriendly and prickly-if you want to shift smooth, you have to be extremely gentle. Not a terrible car but i won't miss it.

2003 S-10 still going strong
By Chevy Proud on 02/14/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in'03 the only trouble has been a battery replacement and a few exterior lamps. Still has original tires with 48000 miles. Good preventive maintenance is the key. The V6 4.3l engine is a bit rough on the wallet with gas prices as they are, but, all in all this truck can get out of its' own way when it has to.

Falling apart too soon
By JohnO on 12/14/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The air compressor went out at 39,000 miles, the rear wheel bearings and the U joints at 41,000. I am lucky I bought the extended warranty. This is my last S10!

If you are not looking to spin tires!
By Satisfied on 10/24/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this S-10 in May of 2005 overall is a great truck, but the flaws are it shift with a temperment some times she is happy sometimes she is mad! Really Mad!! Overall ride quailty is good on long trips and the wallet still has some cash in it after the 25MPG. If you dont mind a few MPG get the 6 - cylinder you will be glad you did! It is just more fun to drive and you dont have to ride with the hazard lights on while getting up to speed on the interstate! Overall cannot complane never been stranded or brokedown knock on wood!

Not too great...
By brandon30263 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2003 S-10 for 8 months, I've had it in the service shop over 9 times... Tranmission shifts really hard, and big delay when slowing down, then speeding up.

Perfect for me
By Indiana on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my truck about a month ago. I love it so far. The truck feels solid, rides nice, and looks good to. Gas milage has been respectable for a truck, about 22 miles to the gallon. The seats are comfy and my 7 year old loves the jumper seat in the back. The truck dont sit to high for a kid to need lifted in and out either. I opted for the four cylinder and I dont regret it. Its got all the pep I need and wont dent my wallet at the pump. So far im very pleased and will keep you posted if I find any problems.

8 months into owenrship and 15452 miles
By dave1012356 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleaed overall with this vehicle so far. I regret that I didn't get the 6cyc and don't recommend a truck with a 4 cyc to anyone. Othere than that this is the dream truck of small trucks. Chev has a winner here. don't get the caviler though

Best truck ever
By 454 ss 725 hp on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

very reliable well rounded truck.

Rated on a 1998 /and 1987 models
By carpenter on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2nd S10 that I have owned this is on a 87/98 extended 3 door cab LS model

S-10 Nice Power, some rattles
By Canadian Beaver on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Multitude of options & great price. LS ext cab. 4.3L V6 has plenty of power. Rear end breaks free in the rain/snow. Steering is slow. Gauges are excellent,bucket seats extremely comfortable (I am 6'1).Low maintenance features like (144,000 mile) radiator fluid, 100,000 mile spark plugs, etc. Others-sliding rear window, third door, automatic-on headlight sensors, centre console etc. The automatic transmission is very smooth. Horrible gas mileage. Sandbags/patio stones are a must for winter driving. Lots of value in this truck and a proven design.