2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Not toooo bad...Not too impressed either
By mwahlgren7 on 06/17/11 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My chevy is slow. That's a fact. Edmunds claimed my four banger has a 0-60 time of 8 some seconds. That is a lie. The true time is around 15 seconds. it's ok off the line but it simply doesn't move once you get up there, and god forbid if you should try to pass anyone. The interior feels durable but also cheap and ugly in blobular chevy style. Gas mileage is pretty decent, i get around 23 average. The gearbox in my manual however, completely sucks. I've hit third on accident more than once at a stop sign because they are so darn close together, and the clutch feel unfriendly and prickly-if you want to shift smooth, you have to be extremely gentle. Not a terrible car but i won't miss it.

325,000 km and still runs like its brand new !
By seth16 on 05/25/11 16:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had this truck for a year and a half , before that it was owned by my uncle . This truck has 325,000km on it , most are highway kilometers but it still runs like its brand new ! It has plenty of acceleration for what i need and hp ! The seats are very nice and great for long rides and easy to clean also . The back seat looks very decieving ; everyone before the go on think that it wil be very unconfourtable as you look at the size , but when they are sitting in it ( even for long trips ) they rather have this seat than the passangerseat because of all the leg room . I also love how it doesnt have carpet , easy to not get stains . I love this truck for many different reasons !

2003 S-10 still going strong
By Chevy Proud on 02/14/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in'03 the only trouble has been a battery replacement and a few exterior lamps. Still has original tires with 48000 miles. Good preventive maintenance is the key. The V6 4.3l engine is a bit rough on the wallet with gas prices as they are, but, all in all this truck can get out of its' own way when it has to.

ZR2 Wish They Still Made Them
By twoeggsup on 11/23/09 14:27 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've always loved the stance of a ZR2. This truck has been extremely reliable with very few exceptions. The new Colorado is ugly so I was glad I was able to find the ZR2 and in my favorite color, arrest-me red. The wide stance of the vehicle makes it actually corner exceptionally well. Compared to my 1989 S10 Ext Cab 4WD the handling is like night and day. The 3.73 rear does seem to hurt mileage. With the taller 31" tires acceleration would probably suffer with a 3.42. Weak points, the taller springs give it very good ground clearance but it can't carry the load of my '89. The tank sender is a problem as is the plastic door handle for the 3rd door and the fogs are too high to be of any use.

Best S-10
By Pool_Hall_God on 03/14/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best s-10 I have ever driven in the s-10 models with the 4 cylinder engine impressed me very much so.. And the handling was shaky at first but found out front shock needed to be replaced after that it is a all around good buy

is it what you really wont
By can,t belive gm made on 03/04/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems. I have had this truck for 3 years. I have replaced at 47,000 as follows battery, tires, heater core, brakes rotors, cv driveaxles, front wheel hub bearings, slave cylinder, clutch assembly, gasket set for upper engine, fuel injectors, fuel pump asy air conditioner compressor, upper and lower ball joints, catalic converter, 3rd door handle (at 50.00 apop I made one out of stainless steel) latest is a mass airflo sensor and a 2nd gear sincro gear and the cheap interior seats ect. Thank god I'm an ex- gm tech. I paid no labor! I would feel for someone who had to pay for this fine gm product. I see why they are in the mess they are in.

2003 ZR2
By bdock17 on 10/15/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The ZR2 package has got to be the best available option yet on the S10. The heavier drive train, suspension, lift kit, and bigger tires has got to make one of the best stock off road trucks with the best bang for the buck

Not bad
By brian on 09/08/06 21:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I puchased this vehicle hoping for descent fuel mileage. I was a little disappointed. Power is great. It has been a reliable truck so far.

Xtreme fun
By Randy on 07/15/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS Xtreme Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I got a good deal on it. I have owned two other S10 trucks before this one. I drive a lot, so each of the previous trucks had over 180,000 on them when I sold them. I really didn't want another S10 but when I drove the Xtreme I went ahead and bought it. I have had more people make comments about this truck that any other vehicle I have owned. Everyone likes the appearance and I like the performance. It's not a super car but it combines the truck I need with the fun to drive as a bonus. I plan to drive this one till at least 190,000 and don't expect any major problems.

Execlent ZR2
By deibadboys815 on 06/20/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS ZR2 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used, I have had it for a year. Put normal wear and tear on it and have yet to have a problem.

1 2 3 4 5 next »