2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

LS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (22 reviews )
great
By stephen on 07/07/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my s-10. Best truck I have owned so far wish it would have been lifted up a little more tho but otherwise I love it.

'03 Crew Cab Problems
By Gary on 11/09/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought truck basically for light duty and travel to/from work. Has 77000 easy miles on it. Thus far, have gone thru 2 complete sets of tires, blown headgaskets twice, thermostat twice, water pump once, brakes twice. GM installed DEX-COOL may be eating engine gaskets; dealer is "unaware" of any DEX-COOL problems. I now have thick dark sludge in radiator overflow tank and in top of radiator. GM service mgr suggests I try to manually draw off sludge, clean out tank, and see if that helps, if not a thorough flush will have to be done. Fun to drive factor quickly failing.

Great Truck
By Kweeni on 05/30/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this truck has been a great experience, have only replaced a high been bulb in headlight, tires once, it has 70,000 miles. I change the oil every 3 months. Air is cold in 120 summers. The truck has great power when accelerated this has helped avoid serious accidents. I have been very happy with its performance and safety. The only thing is the gas mileage isn't as good, probably because of the 4x4 capability and crew cab feature. The spare tire underneath the bed is not accessible for me and the backseat is very uncomfortable in the middle (is raised in the middle) when 3 ppl have to sit in back. All in all, truck is a good buy and should be cont'd to be manufactured in my opinion.

Solid Truck
By bmb on 07/05/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The S-10 LS crew cab 4wd (4.3L V-6) has been a very reliable vehicle for me. I've got 66,000 miles on my truck and have experienced no major problems. It tows my light trailer well. I live in snow country and have not had any of the 4wd problems I have read in other posts. I wish the mpg was better given current gas prices- I get 19 mpg for mostly in-town driving.

Gets it done
By John on 03/29/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Highly versatile truck does everything well. Just reached 50,000 miles with only a few cosmetic problems. Motor does a good job. Peppy, but no speed demon. Driver/front passenger in comfortable well laid out interior. Back seat room for children/ short trips only. 4.3L V-6 good torque/hp but geared for low-speed power & economy. Wide turning radius can be a problem in tight areas. Doesn't like quick turns either. Having bought the vehicle in one of it's later years of production. I expected to have less fit & finish problems already worked out. Slightly disappointed with that. Still this highly versatile vehicle just "Gets'er done.

Great Truck for Women
By Sue Loves Black S-10 on 06/29/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My father worked for GM all his life, you could say that GM helped raise me. So when it came to make a choice on vehicles I had to go with a Chevy S- 10. It has been great. The AC works well, radio rocks out! The auto volume was the best invention ever made.

My 7th S-10.......Yes I'm in a rutt.....
By TonyinOlympia on 11/27/04 01:21 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Poor excuse for a pickup bed, but the only thing you can't haul is a 2X4 (if you open the slider you can get a 12'in if you hang on to it :). Great mid life kids/yardwork/misc projects vehicle. Gas mileage sucks, but no worse than anything else in this league. The residual power, auto headlights, and power everything are awesome. Chevy did a great job improving the brakes for 2002. This is a fair/cold weather vehicle, like all S-10's over the past few years, the heater seems to always be on. The A/C works VERY well, but it seems odd that you cannot force cool air out of the system when it is 40deg outside without turning on the A/C.

Great Truck
By BDAD on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great overall truck for the "budget" minded. Pulls my 18 foot boat like a dream. Would like to see a tail gate open light installed on future models. I droped my payload on the road not knowing my son opened up the tailgate.

Chevy's S-10 is the perfect truck !!
By chitownrepoman on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second S-10 and if they were still making them after this year I would buy another one. No problems out of my old one (1997 w/ 70,000) and none out of this one. The 4x4 is great, the motor will pull down a house, and the locking rear end rocks.

FIRST TIME ZR2 OWNER
By ZRTOWER on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

THUS FAR THE VEHICLE HAS EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS I HAD BEFORE PURCHASE.THE VERSATILITY OF THIS VEHICLE IS UTTERLY AMAZING. THE FUEL MILEAGE IS A LITTLE HARSH FOR A MIDSIZE BUT THE TOURQUE OF THE ENGINE IS DEFFINATLEY NOT HIDING IN THE BUSHES ITS THERE AND PROUD