2002 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews 7

2002 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
CHEVYS RULE THE REST DROOL
By BOWTIEMAN14EVER on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

FUN TO DRIVE, GOOD RIDE FOR A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, REAL HEAD TURNER, NO ROLL OVERS ON THIS VEHICLE, NO WONDER GM HAS THE NUMBER ONE SELLING PICKUPS.

Sor Far SO GOOD!!
By gr8wit on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck for a month but so far I am very happy, Build quality is very good and it rides better than the Ranger I had. Also the interior is roomy for a regular cab and I get some lookers. It is a black stepside. Nice to have full gauges, leather steering wheel, alloy wheels, AC, a CD and more goodies for a GREAT PRICE! I really bought this cause I wanted it, not needed it and even wife wife likes it.(and she drives a BMW). It does have it's short commings. Next time I will get the 6, the 4 just doesn't cut it, and the darn arm rest/storage box doesn't lock. When you put it up all the stuff falls out! But not bad for the price.

Reliable, Not Flashy
By BMFARMER on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The styling might be tiered but the dependability is wide awake. The body panels fit perfectly while the 4.3L 6 cylinder provides plenty of pep for the automatic trans. The payload and towing limits are sufficient for routine household requirements while the fuel efficiency is much better than expected.

It's a truck, that's about it
By bharvey67 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle in May and it does everything that I ask it to do. It rides like a truck, and handles like a truck. The V6 engine is a low-tech, low-revving engine that has gobs of low- end torque. As far as quality goes, the interior plastic pieces aren't put on very well, but other than that the truck is doing ok. I have no regrets in buying it.

Excellent little pick up truck!!
By Carlos on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best little truck I have ever had, mine is a manual V6 so I love to smoke those sittle 4's and some of the other V6's.

John's review!
By John18 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My last truck was a s-10 a 95 4cl it really had no problems at all. With the 3000 rebate i just could not say no to a new one. This time i got the 4.3L V6 Sportside model so it can tow what i want and looks better than a regular s-10.

Great Value!
By John Hendrickson on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck I bought was really a compromise between my wife and I, she wanted an SUV - I wanted a pickup bed. Adding a shell gave us both what we wanted. We have a larger cargo area than most SUVs, the short rear doors open wide, which makes it nice when putting a baby in a carseat with a car parked next to you. It came standard with items like a bedliner, mats, CD & cass radio and even luxury items like remote entry and foglights. The compass/temp. is handy also, and the 4x4 is awesome. The design of the truck is clean, the layout is thought out and the initial quality has been supurb! We needed more room for the carseat - we've gotten that and more!

First Chevrolet Owned
By stroudt on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have always owned Ford trucks. The last one being a 1997 Ranger. When I began shopping, I honestly wanted a Dakota. But the $3000 rebate and the big 4.3 six cyl lured me into a S10. I am soooooooooo glad that I chose the Chevy. After driving a 4 cyl Ranger for 4 years the Chevy was quite a performance improvement. Fuel economy has been better than advertised. There are so many little "extras" with regard to creature comfort and convenience features that Ford or Dodge just do not offer.

great power from the 4.3L
By riano on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This truck is everything I hoped it would be. The reliability is still to be determined, since I've only owned the truck for a month. I do know, however, that the mail trucks in my town all have S-10 engines and transmissions and are VERY reliable. This tows at least 4,000 lbs. with no problem. No defects as far as I could see. Great power without sacrificing too much gas mileage. Both interior and exterior are stylish, if not a little conservative. Great comfort. Maybe a little too much wind noise on highway. Overall great buy for the money.

Won't buy another
By Gordie on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I liked the truck when I first got it, but have had nothing but problems. Moldings, window and door seals had to be replaced. Security system wouldn't let truck start, loose control arm bolts, now I'm having problem with noisy rear shocks and clunking transmission. I am also having problems with the 2wd/4wd electronic shifting. It is shifting on it's own and having electronic problems.