2002 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Good Truck!
By B'more Ravens fan on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Been almost a year and has been a great truck. Only problems has been some fit and finish issues but been reliable transport. Great 4wheeling on the beach and tailgating vehicle. Added Yakima roof rack for the bike and a hitch. Seems to have more interior room then a Toyota or Nissan. 4.3L has great low end torque. Great price and its got everything I need and more.

GOOD BUT CRAMPED
By orchunter on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

A good small truck,the 4x4 is a very nice option not to be without. This truck has always been up to any challange that I came up with!.

Dam nChevy POS
By memyselfandI on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

What a rude awakening. I have been driving Chevy's all my life and I will never buy another. The paint job sucks. I tried to haul a carpet (yes a Carpet), and it really scratched up my paint job. I returned to my dealer to complain and was told that it was not warranted and that Chevy would call it excessive wear. Hauling a carpet is excessive? it is a pickup right. Anyway, after 4 phone calls and numerous threats to sue GM they finally agreed to fix it. All they did was spray some touch up paint on it and then wouldn't even give me the damn warranty receipt. The Morale of the story is to NEVER, EVER, Buy a Chevy.

poor gas mileage
By rudedog on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

the poor gas mileage is worst thing about this truck for only having 6-cyl. i get about 180 miles on a full tank.

Lots of toys for the $$
By krylos2 on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say in 700 Characters?? ZR-2 without decals! xfer from W.Va. to Va. swiped 4WDtires. Interior light on-other dealer (Fl) fixed it,said tires switched. Orig. dealer corrected. 4k Fuel gauge problems.Right signal on constant. 10k Driver sill replaced. Fuel gge fixed. All work done under warranty. Still can't complain. We love it! Wish could get GF let me drive more. Crew Cab, with hard tonneau 18-19's fine (vs.11-14 on 3500Crew). Almost got the Dodge V8 (14 MPG), couldn't begin justify the 5k in price! Would we buy another? YES WE WOULD! 1 complmnt/wk. Who'd have thought?

im surprised
By elijah on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

currently have 16000 miles and am still happy

Chevrolet S-10
By Bill Worsley on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle engine occasionally "revs up" when trying to shift from low to drive. The dealer is aware of this problem and is working with me to correct it. It is aggravating. You expect a new vehicle to preform problem free.

Great Truck!
By toolman on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just got this truck after looking at blazers, jeeps, pathfinders and more. I wanted something with four doors, 4 wheel drive, and room to haul "stuff" around. I ended up chooseing the S10 Crew Cab because it essentially has the same room for 5 passengers as the smaller SUV's. With the box and the added custom topper I have almost as much room as my old Van when the third seat was removed (Windstar - not sad to see that go!) Possibly more! I needed more towing power, and didn't want something that was going to kill me at the gas pump. So far I love the truck! Time will tell.

EXTREME Street Machine
By KC_Downtown_Dweller on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Factory stripes and low crouching suspension give this truck a very intimidating look. You really have to see these beauties in person to get the effect. Plenty of room in extended cab for audio. Do yourself a favor and invest in a good Tonneau cover and a radar/laser jammer. Does 100 MPH too quickly and 80 MPH too easily. 3rd time truck owner, first time Chevy - very happy. Will buy again.

S-10 15 months after purchase
By ??????????? on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this vehicle for 15 months, overall I am satisfied given the dollars spent. The vehicle looks great and has been reliable.