2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
great power from the 4.3L
By riano on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This truck is everything I hoped it would be. The reliability is still to be determined, since I've only owned the truck for a month. I do know, however, that the mail trucks in my town all have S-10 engines and transmissions and are VERY reliable. This tows at least 4,000 lbs. with no problem. No defects as far as I could see. Great power without sacrificing too much gas mileage. Both interior and exterior are stylish, if not a little conservative. Great comfort. Maybe a little too much wind noise on highway. Overall great buy for the money.

First Chevrolet Owned
By stroudt on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have always owned Ford trucks. The last one being a 1997 Ranger. When I began shopping, I honestly wanted a Dakota. But the $3000 rebate and the big 4.3 six cyl lured me into a S10. I am soooooooooo glad that I chose the Chevy. After driving a 4 cyl Ranger for 4 years the Chevy was quite a performance improvement. Fuel economy has been better than advertised. There are so many little "extras" with regard to creature comfort and convenience features that Ford or Dodge just do not offer.

Sweet Truck
By Tex on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

ZR2 is the best light duty 4x4 available

s-10' s should last till the end of time
By 2kchevy on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

If your looking to buy a truck to keep forever an s-10 is a good pick. Reability in 2.2l is a little more depenable than the 4.3l. The 2.2l s- 10 is close to the depenablity of a toyato. Any 2.2l should be good for your money either way. Parts are much cheaper on the domestic trucks!!

1999 S-10 ZR-2 5-Speed
By Very Pleased on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'll be 50 this year and this is easily the best built vehicle I have ever owned. It came from the factory with zero defects and with three years of use in Anchorage, Alaska, which isn't the easiest climate on vehicles, it had a whopping total of one defect in three years. Excellent job Chevy.

2002 Crew Cab
By ziggypop on 03/07/02 07:08 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I really enjoy this vehicle, it has come in handy on 2 or 3 occations when the local weather has been nasty. A fun vehicle to drive