2002 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
2 1/2 happy years
By jstebell on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good vehicle, perfit for going to Home Depot. My wife loves it, she would rather drive the truck verses our Honda minivan.

2002 Chevy S-10
By Jacquelyn on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my truck. This is the 2nd S-10 I have owned and I have always regretted trading the first one. I don't drive much, as I am disabled and also use a disabled bus for long distances. I use it for errands close by, etc. After almost 2 1/2 years, it is still in immaculate, brand new condition with a whopping 1250 miles on it. I still change the oil, even though the mechanics tell me that my oil is cleaner than what they put in cars. It's a shame that Chevy stopped making this modeal. They only make the extended cab versions of the S-10, which is a very popular 4 cyclinder pick up. Love it!

Xtreme-ly good, so far!
By raceannouncer on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This truck has the Xtreme package along with the 4.3 V-6 and 5spd. tranny. Truck has all the goodies too: A/C, tilt/cruise, PW/PL AM-FM/CD player. Standard cab doesn't have much room for anything other than the two passengers. Handles extremely well due to factory installed lowered suspension. Engine is better than average but not a speed demon. Shifts smooth, brakes well, ride is good despite the sport suspension. Fit/finish is very good and cab exhibits no rattles at just 12000 miles (bought used as a repo!) If you want to carry stuff inside, you'll need the extended cab version.

2002 S-10 3dr ZR2
By chazz0044 on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great all-around truck! Best suspension pkg on compact truck market. Takes eveything that I give & asks for more. Great for beach fishing and ski trips plus occasional abuse. No minor mechanical issues. Nice inter. style & accessories.

Sport Truck
By Insidus on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Some simple modifications can make these a really great buy

Typical GM
By tahenline on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Gutless no-tech motor. 17mpg @ 70mph. Overly restrictive air intake. PLASTIC intake manifold. PLASTIC clutch master-cylinder. PLASTIC power-steering fluid reservoir. PLASTIC radiator end-tanks. PLASTIC headlight covers. PLASTIC front grill with water soluble coloring. PLASTIC EVERYTHING in passenger compartment. Windows that refuse to seat properly in the fully-raised position. One broken window regulator (so far). All 4 shocks leaking. Torn rubber exhaust system hangers. Throttle jams in wide-open position. Corrosive DEXKOOL "coolant". ABS system must be disabled to get any kind of reliable braking. Hyper-sensitive seatbelt retractors.

S10
By Randy Auvil on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have gotten about 17.0 mpg in general driving and 22.0 on a trip. It appears to lack power on hills. My wife calls it a girls truck. It's her truck.

My Dragon
By jonelliott0 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Runs great, 4.3 has great takeoff for a truck, no assembly problems other than 3rd door needed realigned. I've got the ZQ8 package without the extreme package. Truck looks badass, like it's crounching about to pounce.

very satisfied
By jbdb134 on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The best little truck I've ever owned. No major problems. Wish it had more hp for a 4 cyl. Lots of fun to drive.

One good truck.....
By Richard Slonaker on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is perfect so far. Too much power for wet surfaces....tends to spin.