Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet S-10

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Worst Vehicle ever
By Keith

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been my worst nightmare! Has had over ten thousand dollars worth of repairs. Repairs had started at twenty thousand miles and has not stopped. Something is always breaking down. I have lost all faith in the big three. With this economy my money needs to go further just like everyone else. I am going with Toyota. Reliability/quality is a must, which the big three can't provide.

None

Reliability, quality

Buy one can"t go wrong!
By Sweet Ride

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has been an outstanding truck to drive. I have the ZR5 which has a very sporty look. It's performed great for me. So good that this is my first time ever writing a review. It's very economical, comfortable, stylish, and convenient. I highly recommend it!

Happy with Truck
By RFBookman

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used in 2004. It has been fairly problem free. I did recently have to have the air conditioner fixed (the compressor went out, cost me $900). Other than that mostly just regular maintenance costs. It is fun to drive but does not have a lot of power with just the 2.2L 4 cylinder engine. I checked my gas mileage just last week and it was 27 MPG. I travel about 25 miles one way to work with most of that being on the interstate. Overall, pleased with lack of mechanical problems, good gas mileage, and fun to drive. However, I will probably opt for something with a little more power for my next pickup.

No Worries
By Whyte

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I havent had any problems from my 02 Xtreme extended cab. the zq8 suspension is amazing and the engine pushes a lot of power to this truck. I've raced Mustangs and had them eating my dust. The gas mileage was bad until I put a throttle body spacer on it, which added about 4mpg and will pay for itself in no time. The truck is great and I have no problems with it, I love it to death. The only work I've had to put in it was my own on the engine, with a throttle body spacer, straight pipe dual exhaust kit, and spectre air intake system, and haven't had to spend any money on repairs, but I am the 2nd owner and the previous owner may have had work done.

Powerful and easily customizable engine, gorgeous stock rims

If they do make a newer model, try to lighten up the xtreme models, because I feel the most hold back against the strong 4.3l v6 is the weight. I'm sure if the same enhine was dropped into a light car it would make it fly.

Not so bad
By alfred

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Hello friends, I am the owner of a 2002 3 door 4 cyl s-10 with 85000 miles. I bought it new, downsizing from a 8cyl Silverado. This is not a powerful truck. it is meant for light use. It literally has trouble going uphill. I've had to replace the battery, radiator and the a/c died at 75k miles and I have not fix it yet. I think that I have gotten good service from it, I am happy with it so far. I am getting 20 mpg plus. Anyway, I recommend this truck if you are not pulling or loading it with heavy items. Good luck!

Gas mileage. Practically trouble free for over 80k miles.

Too late, too bad, no more s-10's