Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

best small truck i feel
By sparta729

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this truck, I wanted to get one for a long time. Zr2 package is my favorite, because it lets the truck come already as a fun looking small sized offroad pick-up. The s10 also is still a Nice truck which ever version, u have, like 4x4,2wd, stripped, loaded, anyway its still comes as a Nice looking truck, unlike the Tacoma or Dakota were if those trucks don't come in the better models they look stripped, and cheap, the Tacoma more so.

the zr2 package, with its 4" lift more aggressive tires, and black fender flares, let this truck come from the factory already as a sweet 4x4. attractive driver friendly dashboard, and very comfy bucket seats. suicide 3rd door that allows for easy access to the extended part of the cab

More than just one rear seat, but all small trucks have small back seats so cant really fix, its more of a small truck, problem. Stronger 3rd door handle, and I think black interior should be standard on all.

No Worries
By Whyte

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I havent had any problems from my 02 Xtreme extended cab. the zq8 suspension is amazing and the engine pushes a lot of power to this truck. I've raced Mustangs and had them eating my dust. The gas mileage was bad until I put a throttle body spacer on it, which added about 4mpg and will pay for itself in no time. The truck is great and I have no problems with it, I love it to death. The only work I've had to put in it was my own on the engine, with a throttle body spacer, straight pipe dual exhaust kit, and spectre air intake system, and haven't had to spend any money on repairs, but I am the 2nd owner and the previous owner may have had work done.

Powerful and easily customizable engine, gorgeous stock rims

If they do make a newer model, try to lighten up the xtreme models, because I feel the most hold back against the strong 4.3l v6 is the weight. I'm sure if the same enhine was dropped into a light car it would make it fly.

Not so bad
By alfred

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Hello friends, I am the owner of a 2002 3 door 4 cyl s-10 with 85000 miles. I bought it new, downsizing from a 8cyl Silverado. This is not a powerful truck. it is meant for light use. It literally has trouble going uphill. I've had to replace the battery, radiator and the a/c died at 75k miles and I have not fix it yet. I think that I have gotten good service from it, I am happy with it so far. I am getting 20 mpg plus. Anyway, I recommend this truck if you are not pulling or loading it with heavy items. Good luck!

Gas mileage. Practically trouble free for over 80k miles.

Too late, too bad, no more s-10's

Last GM for me
By never_again

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for a year, bought used from a dealer. It has had more repairs than my last 3 vehicles combined. They were also GM vehicles. The front shocks started leaking at 20,000 miles, the door switch for interior lights goes out of whack in cold temperatures so the lights won't turn off while driving. The emrgency break jammed because a connecting linkage under the dash fell apart. Both doors leak in the rain dripping water onto the door arm rests. The gas mileage is horendous for a 4 cylinder. The cruise control works when it feels like it. Oh, and if you park it on a hill with less than a quarter of a tank of gas-it won't start!

The color.

Quality improvement 101?

Love this truck
By miamiredhawk00

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My truck has the 4.3 V-6 and the ZQ-8 suspension package, without the ugly x- treme package. I love the look and performance of this truck, it's my weekend rig so it stays in excellent condition. If your looking for a truck that looks and drives like a performance car this is it. I don't know how much weight you could put in the bed, but I really only use it for my bicycles. I purchased used and the only problems I've had were the battery went bad at 30,000 and the 3rd door needed to be adjusted to open properly, it still squeaks a bit while driving but works fine.

ZQ-8 suspension package, wide tires, 4.3 v-6, automatic headlights.

I would like a way to turn of the daytime running lights permanently but keep the auto headlights on.