2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Great truck great price
By Dougdu on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new and have 150,000 on it. I have not put anything into it except the ABS brakes had a problem and I put new rotors and sensors on. That is it besides tires and oil changes and I did change the serpentine belt because it was nine years old not because it was shot. For the average Joe to haul things around and get from point a to b this truck is great. I get 27 MPG with gasoline and 21 with E 85. I will sell this truck but I will be sad to see it go.

okay car
By americanrevolution on 07/10/09 16:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality isn't something stellar. The interior plastic is like the type used for trashcans, and there's gaps between the seems, and does not line up. If you bend down and look under where the pedals are, the wires are all sticking out and such. Not having the recirculation option is truly a smack in the buyer's face. Don't get me started how awful it was driving in traffic during our fire season at California. The parking brake is also shoddy, doesn't work unless you forcefully push it all the way down. Heavy doors with weak door springs, not nice, almost had my hand cut off once b/c of it. Fuel pump went out at 36k, leaky suspension, what happened Chevy? You have lost me as a buyer

My S-10
By Rangerdog1 on 04/21/09 07:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Picked this little truck at a huge Auto Sale the local dealers in our area do every year. The put all of their vehicles, new and used, up for discounted sales. I've done this twice and have very good luck with the auto's I've purchased. This truck was one of three that caught my eye. It's a very durable truck and it's been my go to work every day vehicle. I've averaged about 21 mpg with every fill up some times more sometimes less, depending on what I'm doing with it. I also had a spray on bedliner done right after I bought. I've hauled dirt, wood, trash, recycle stuff, and furniture. I keep up the maintenance on it and it still looks like show room quality.

Happy with Truck
By RFBookman on 08/27/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used in 2004. It has been fairly problem free. I did recently have to have the air conditioner fixed (the compressor went out, cost me $900). Other than that mostly just regular maintenance costs. It is fun to drive but does not have a lot of power with just the 2.2L 4 cylinder engine. I checked my gas mileage just last week and it was 27 MPG. I travel about 25 miles one way to work with most of that being on the interstate. Overall, pleased with lack of mechanical problems, good gas mileage, and fun to drive. However, I will probably opt for something with a little more power for my next pickup.

My Truck
By GLENN on 12/19/06 10:37 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

ZQ8 is like having a sports car that you canalso pick up lumber at Home Depot with.

Just what I expected
By tator on 10/16/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had the problems other S-10 owners claim to have had. Other than a leaky valve cover gasket and a warped brake rotor ( both repaired under warranty, even though my warranty was expired when I had the leaking gasket) I've had no problems. I like the trucks gas mileage, as I average about 26 MPG. Overall I'm happy with my truck. It is exactly what I expected.

Another Good GM
By wrrmar on 06/29/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd S-series truck from GM. I owned an 87 S-10 and 89 S-15. Both were excellent vehicles. This one continues the trend towards quality that I have always had with GM. My current truck has only been back to the shop 2 times (once for an oil change and once for body work after it was rearended)

2002 Chevy S-10
By Jacquelyn on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my truck. This is the 2nd S-10 I have owned and I have always regretted trading the first one. I don't drive much, as I am disabled and also use a disabled bus for long distances. I use it for errands close by, etc. After almost 2 1/2 years, it is still in immaculate, brand new condition with a whopping 1250 miles on it. I still change the oil, even though the mechanics tell me that my oil is cleaner than what they put in cars. It's a shame that Chevy stopped making this modeal. They only make the extended cab versions of the S-10, which is a very popular 4 cyclinder pick up. Love it!

Xtreme-ly good, so far!
By raceannouncer on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This truck has the Xtreme package along with the 4.3 V-6 and 5spd. tranny. Truck has all the goodies too: A/C, tilt/cruise, PW/PL AM-FM/CD player. Standard cab doesn't have much room for anything other than the two passengers. Handles extremely well due to factory installed lowered suspension. Engine is better than average but not a speed demon. Shifts smooth, brakes well, ride is good despite the sport suspension. Fit/finish is very good and cab exhibits no rattles at just 12000 miles (bought used as a repo!) If you want to carry stuff inside, you'll need the extended cab version.

Typical GM
By tahenline on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Gutless no-tech motor. 17mpg @ 70mph. Overly restrictive air intake. PLASTIC intake manifold. PLASTIC clutch master-cylinder. PLASTIC power-steering fluid reservoir. PLASTIC radiator end-tanks. PLASTIC headlight covers. PLASTIC front grill with water soluble coloring. PLASTIC EVERYTHING in passenger compartment. Windows that refuse to seat properly in the fully-raised position. One broken window regulator (so far). All 4 shocks leaking. Torn rubber exhaust system hangers. Throttle jams in wide-open position. Corrosive DEXKOOL "coolant". ABS system must be disabled to get any kind of reliable braking. Hyper-sensitive seatbelt retractors.