Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Great truck great price
By Dougdu

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new and have 150,000 on it. I have not put anything into it except the ABS brakes had a problem and I put new rotors and sensors on. That is it besides tires and oil changes and I did change the serpentine belt because it was nine years old not because it was shot. For the average Joe to haul things around and get from point a to b this truck is great. I get 27 MPG with gasoline and 21 with E 85. I will sell this truck but I will be sad to see it go.

Value!

Too little HP to pass.

okay car
By americanrevolution

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality isn't something stellar. The interior plastic is like the type used for trashcans, and there's gaps between the seems, and does not line up. If you bend down and look under where the pedals are, the wires are all sticking out and such. Not having the recirculation option is truly a smack in the buyer's face. Don't get me started how awful it was driving in traffic during our fire season at California. The parking brake is also shoddy, doesn't work unless you forcefully push it all the way down. Heavy doors with weak door springs, not nice, almost had my hand cut off once b/c of it. Fuel pump went out at 36k, leaky suspension, what happened Chevy? You have lost me as a buyer

the MT tranny. Love hitting the redline and shifting, although the engine starts smelling weird after.

Better mpg for an I4, build quality

My S-10
By Rangerdog1

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Picked this little truck at a huge Auto Sale the local dealers in our area do every year. The put all of their vehicles, new and used, up for discounted sales. I've done this twice and have very good luck with the auto's I've purchased. This truck was one of three that caught my eye. It's a very durable truck and it's been my go to work every day vehicle. I've averaged about 21 mpg with every fill up some times more sometimes less, depending on what I'm doing with it. I also had a spray on bedliner done right after I bought. I've hauled dirt, wood, trash, recycle stuff, and furniture. I keep up the maintenance on it and it still looks like show room quality.

Spray on Bedliner, AM?FM CD Player, Mud Flaps, High ground clearance.

Needs a little more horsepower and a better AC unit. It works well, except at Highway speeds.

Happy with Truck
By RFBookman

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used in 2004. It has been fairly problem free. I did recently have to have the air conditioner fixed (the compressor went out, cost me $900). Other than that mostly just regular maintenance costs. It is fun to drive but does not have a lot of power with just the 2.2L 4 cylinder engine. I checked my gas mileage just last week and it was 27 MPG. I travel about 25 miles one way to work with most of that being on the interstate. Overall, pleased with lack of mechanical problems, good gas mileage, and fun to drive. However, I will probably opt for something with a little more power for my next pickup.

My Truck
By GLENN

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

ZQ8 is like having a sports car that you canalso pick up lumber at Home Depot with.

ZQ8 suspension

Stereo speakers can't take any volume.