Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

No Worries
By Whyte

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I havent had any problems from my 02 Xtreme extended cab. the zq8 suspension is amazing and the engine pushes a lot of power to this truck. I've raced Mustangs and had them eating my dust. The gas mileage was bad until I put a throttle body spacer on it, which added about 4mpg and will pay for itself in no time. The truck is great and I have no problems with it, I love it to death. The only work I've had to put in it was my own on the engine, with a throttle body spacer, straight pipe dual exhaust kit, and spectre air intake system, and haven't had to spend any money on repairs, but I am the 2nd owner and the previous owner may have had work done.

Favorite Features

Powerful and easily customizable engine, gorgeous stock rims

Suggested Improvements

If they do make a newer model, try to lighten up the xtreme models, because I feel the most hold back against the strong 4.3l v6 is the weight. I'm sure if the same enhine was dropped into a light car it would make it fly.

Love this truck
By miamiredhawk00

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My truck has the 4.3 V-6 and the ZQ-8 suspension package, without the ugly x- treme package. I love the look and performance of this truck, it's my weekend rig so it stays in excellent condition. If your looking for a truck that looks and drives like a performance car this is it. I don't know how much weight you could put in the bed, but I really only use it for my bicycles. I purchased used and the only problems I've had were the battery went bad at 30,000 and the 3rd door needed to be adjusted to open properly, it still squeaks a bit while driving but works fine.

Favorite Features

ZQ-8 suspension package, wide tires, 4.3 v-6, automatic headlights.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a way to turn of the daytime running lights permanently but keep the auto headlights on.

Sport Truck
By Insidus

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Some simple modifications can make these a really great buy

Favorite Features

Good power with out costing a fortune in gas or insurance like some sport cars, rear wheel drive is still the best

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the third door, squeaks

My Dragon
By jonelliott0

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Runs great, 4.3 has great takeoff for a truck, no assembly problems other than 3rd door needed realigned. I've got the ZQ8 package without the extreme package. Truck looks badass, like it's crounching about to pounce.

Favorite Features

Aluminum Sport Wheels

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer the bucket seat package with center console instead of the 60/40 split. If you try to open the compartment in the arm rest and leave it open it falls backward and dumps all your stuff into the cab.

very satisfied
By jbdb134

2002 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The best little truck I've ever owned. No major problems. Wish it had more hp for a 4 cyl. Lots of fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Don't have a favorite. Everything is very acceptable the way it is.

Suggested Improvements

more hp. Better gas mileage and better traction in bad weather.