2002 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Quantity not Quality
By Caguilar on 02/12/10 22:21 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle four years after its make, I started having problems with it by the end of 2007 and haven't gotten it to pass emissions since 2008. THe repairs have cost me a little over 3,300 when the engine blew in the end of 2009 and the electrical problems have cost me near a grand, I have put two fuel pumps into it and two sets f new tires. The truck is like the devil on wheels. I might buy GM again but it defiantly will not be an S-10! Plus it is so heavy, buying gas for such a small stocky truck drains the bank account, I will go for a more dependable, loading vehicle next time.

Worst Vehicle ever
By Keith on 02/02/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been my worst nightmare! Has had over ten thousand dollars worth of repairs. Repairs had started at twenty thousand miles and has not stopped. Something is always breaking down. I have lost all faith in the big three. With this economy my money needs to go further just like everyone else. I am going with Toyota. Reliability/quality is a must, which the big three can't provide.

Buy one can"t go wrong!
By Sweet Ride on 11/13/08 20:32 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has been an outstanding truck to drive. I have the ZR5 which has a very sporty look. It's performed great for me. So good that this is my first time ever writing a review. It's very economical, comfortable, stylish, and convenient. I highly recommend it!

Love the truck hate the repairs
By laura on 10/16/07 18:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice truck for room. But the gas mileage is bad and I have had to replace the rear end twice so far and just had to replace the bearrings in it. For some reason water keeps getting in there. Clueless of how or why. Also the new tonue covers leak bad. I have had nothing but problems w/this truck.

what was I thinking
By stang fan on 08/18/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have 107,000 and I work at a chevy dealer ant the people there say its just broken in. I have had the truck for a little over 2 years and i have put over $2500-$3000 into fixing it and another $1200 to do yet. it gets the same gas milege as a fullsize truck I barely get 20 mpg on the highway for long trips. I cant wait to trade it in, I will never buy another GM product again, this isnt my first bad experience with GM. GO FORD

It's an OK truck
By vnllgrll on 11/09/06 19:48 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's not a bad truc,k but it's not a great truck. I have had to put around $2000 into it in the almost 2 years that I have had it. All I can say it thank God for the extended service plan.

Storm's S-10 CrewCab
By Storm Gage on 07/14/06 23:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just had the transmission and rear differential replaced - total cost $3100.00 I put it in reverse the other day and it sounded like a grenade went off. I couldn't believe this American and union built car needed all this work done and the vehicle is only 4 1/2 years old - quite surprising.

Chev S10 Crew Cab
By Mary W on 12/29/05 12:49 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 1st 3 years of ownership I was lucky to have a warranty. Replacements included battery, serpentine belt, alternator, shock and more. There has been a nagging rattle in the dash. It has been to the dealership 4 times with the dash taken out, and they still cannot find it. All in all it has been the service that keeps me hanging in with this vehicle. It is a nice truck and I get a lot of use out of it. Not only that, it is bright red with black sport trim package and is awesome to look at.

Was a nice Truck.
By Fossil on 10/14/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Leased this vehicle for 4 years- bad news! GM LeaseCo is a situation to be avoided at all costs. Just try to get out of your lease- I dare you! Truck always started and ran well. Problems with suspension (truck developed a lean to one side, then the other), battery replaced under warranty, 4X4 system worked well most of the time, but if you change tires, you must change all 4 together, otherwise difference in tire circumference will bind up transfer case. Tires from dealer were the worst I've ever had. Truck tough looks, but only 4 ply rated. Had flat tires more than 4 times after travelling on roads which others travelled unscathed. End of lease- good bye! Engine too thirsty for me.

Best Truck I've Owned Yet
By Big Kat on 01/29/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

S-10 Crew Cab LS 4WD! Yes, it is great to drive, and own. After a few full size trucks (and very poor mileage), I was looking for a smaller, more practical family vehicle, and still wanted a truck. My wife has a '98 Astro Van with the 4.3 Vortec V-6. The S-10 Crew Cab was one of my first choices. Great power, loaded with every possible option. I get 16-17 MPG in town, and 20-23 on the highway. Awesome deal as I bought this slightly used lease return (10,000 miles on it), so the deal was great as well! I will keep this one a while. Has plenty of room for family and a fun truck that I can use to haul things around in. I put a fiberglass topper on it, looks like a Tahoe!