Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Quantity not Quality
By Caguilar

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle four years after its make, I started having problems with it by the end of 2007 and haven't gotten it to pass emissions since 2008. THe repairs have cost me a little over 3,300 when the engine blew in the end of 2009 and the electrical problems have cost me near a grand, I have put two fuel pumps into it and two sets f new tires. The truck is like the devil on wheels. I might buy GM again but it defiantly will not be an S-10! Plus it is so heavy, buying gas for such a small stocky truck drains the bank account, I will go for a more dependable, loading vehicle next time.

Favorite Features

4-door crew cab holds my family, Color and style, loads good, 4x4, AC,

Suggested Improvements

Electrical issues constantly, suspension, dependability, less weight in the truck; more pulling a loading power, more foot room, no storage

Worst Vehicle ever
By Keith

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been my worst nightmare! Has had over ten thousand dollars worth of repairs. Repairs had started at twenty thousand miles and has not stopped. Something is always breaking down. I have lost all faith in the big three. With this economy my money needs to go further just like everyone else. I am going with Toyota. Reliability/quality is a must, which the big three can't provide.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, quality

Buy one can"t go wrong!
By Sweet Ride

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has been an outstanding truck to drive. I have the ZR5 which has a very sporty look. It's performed great for me. So good that this is my first time ever writing a review. It's very economical, comfortable, stylish, and convenient. I highly recommend it!

Love the truck hate the repairs
By laura

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice truck for room. But the gas mileage is bad and I have had to replace the rear end twice so far and just had to replace the bearrings in it. For some reason water keeps getting in there. Clueless of how or why. Also the new tonue covers leak bad. I have had nothing but problems w/this truck.

Favorite Features

looks room

Suggested Improvements

covers that don't leak find out why water is getting into the rear end. This is very costly.

what was I thinking
By stang fan

2002 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have 107,000 and I work at a chevy dealer ant the people there say its just broken in. I have had the truck for a little over 2 years and i have put over $2500-$3000 into fixing it and another $1200 to do yet. it gets the same gas milege as a fullsize truck I barely get 20 mpg on the highway for long trips. I cant wait to trade it in, I will never buy another GM product again, this isnt my first bad experience with GM. GO FORD

Favorite Features

the fact that it is a crewcab

Suggested Improvements

nothing cause chevy already got rid of the truck