Used 2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

okay car
By americanrevolution

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality isn't something stellar. The interior plastic is like the type used for trashcans, and there's gaps between the seems, and does not line up. If you bend down and look under where the pedals are, the wires are all sticking out and such. Not having the recirculation option is truly a smack in the buyer's face. Don't get me started how awful it was driving in traffic during our fire season at California. The parking brake is also shoddy, doesn't work unless you forcefully push it all the way down. Heavy doors with weak door springs, not nice, almost had my hand cut off once b/c of it. Fuel pump went out at 36k, leaky suspension, what happened Chevy? You have lost me as a buyer

Favorite Features

the MT tranny. Love hitting the redline and shifting, although the engine starts smelling weird after.

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg for an I4, build quality

My S-10
By Rangerdog1

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Picked this little truck at a huge Auto Sale the local dealers in our area do every year. The put all of their vehicles, new and used, up for discounted sales. I've done this twice and have very good luck with the auto's I've purchased. This truck was one of three that caught my eye. It's a very durable truck and it's been my go to work every day vehicle. I've averaged about 21 mpg with every fill up some times more sometimes less, depending on what I'm doing with it. I also had a spray on bedliner done right after I bought. I've hauled dirt, wood, trash, recycle stuff, and furniture. I keep up the maintenance on it and it still looks like show room quality.

Favorite Features

Spray on Bedliner, AM?FM CD Player, Mud Flaps, High ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more horsepower and a better AC unit. It works well, except at Highway speeds.

My Truck
By GLENN

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

ZQ8 is like having a sports car that you canalso pick up lumber at Home Depot with.

Favorite Features

ZQ8 suspension

Suggested Improvements

Stereo speakers can't take any volume.

Xtreme-ly good, so far!
By raceannouncer

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This truck has the Xtreme package along with the 4.3 V-6 and 5spd. tranny. Truck has all the goodies too: A/C, tilt/cruise, PW/PL AM-FM/CD player. Standard cab doesn't have much room for anything other than the two passengers. Handles extremely well due to factory installed lowered suspension. Engine is better than average but not a speed demon. Shifts smooth, brakes well, ride is good despite the sport suspension. Fit/finish is very good and cab exhibits no rattles at just 12000 miles (bought used as a repo!) If you want to carry stuff inside, you'll need the extended cab version.

Favorite Features

V6, 5spd. manual, electric and heated mirrors

Suggested Improvements

The successor to the S-10 is already out (the Colorado) so nothing can be said here...

2002 S10
By Heaston

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Exceptional Vehicle! Not one problem. One of the nicest vehicles I've owned.

Favorite Features

Exterior Color Yellow. Extreme Package.