2002 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
okay car
By americanrevolution on 07/10/09 16:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality isn't something stellar. The interior plastic is like the type used for trashcans, and there's gaps between the seems, and does not line up. If you bend down and look under where the pedals are, the wires are all sticking out and such. Not having the recirculation option is truly a smack in the buyer's face. Don't get me started how awful it was driving in traffic during our fire season at California. The parking brake is also shoddy, doesn't work unless you forcefully push it all the way down. Heavy doors with weak door springs, not nice, almost had my hand cut off once b/c of it. Fuel pump went out at 36k, leaky suspension, what happened Chevy? You have lost me as a buyer

My S-10
By Rangerdog1 on 04/21/09 07:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Picked this little truck at a huge Auto Sale the local dealers in our area do every year. The put all of their vehicles, new and used, up for discounted sales. I've done this twice and have very good luck with the auto's I've purchased. This truck was one of three that caught my eye. It's a very durable truck and it's been my go to work every day vehicle. I've averaged about 21 mpg with every fill up some times more sometimes less, depending on what I'm doing with it. I also had a spray on bedliner done right after I bought. I've hauled dirt, wood, trash, recycle stuff, and furniture. I keep up the maintenance on it and it still looks like show room quality.

My Truck
By GLENN on 12/19/06 10:37 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

ZQ8 is like having a sports car that you canalso pick up lumber at Home Depot with.

Xtreme-ly good, so far!
By raceannouncer on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This truck has the Xtreme package along with the 4.3 V-6 and 5spd. tranny. Truck has all the goodies too: A/C, tilt/cruise, PW/PL AM-FM/CD player. Standard cab doesn't have much room for anything other than the two passengers. Handles extremely well due to factory installed lowered suspension. Engine is better than average but not a speed demon. Shifts smooth, brakes well, ride is good despite the sport suspension. Fit/finish is very good and cab exhibits no rattles at just 12000 miles (bought used as a repo!) If you want to carry stuff inside, you'll need the extended cab version.

2002 S10
By Heaston on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Exceptional Vehicle! Not one problem. One of the nicest vehicles I've owned.

Dam nChevy POS
By memyselfandI on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

What a rude awakening. I have been driving Chevy's all my life and I will never buy another. The paint job sucks. I tried to haul a carpet (yes a Carpet), and it really scratched up my paint job. I returned to my dealer to complain and was told that it was not warranted and that Chevy would call it excessive wear. Hauling a carpet is excessive? it is a pickup right. Anyway, after 4 phone calls and numerous threats to sue GM they finally agreed to fix it. All they did was spray some touch up paint on it and then wouldn't even give me the damn warranty receipt. The Morale of the story is to NEVER, EVER, Buy a Chevy.

Sor Far SO GOOD!!
By gr8wit on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck for a month but so far I am very happy, Build quality is very good and it rides better than the Ranger I had. Also the interior is roomy for a regular cab and I get some lookers. It is a black stepside. Nice to have full gauges, leather steering wheel, alloy wheels, AC, a CD and more goodies for a GREAT PRICE! I really bought this cause I wanted it, not needed it and even wife wife likes it.(and she drives a BMW). It does have it's short commings. Next time I will get the 6, the 4 just doesn't cut it, and the darn arm rest/storage box doesn't lock. When you put it up all the stuff falls out! But not bad for the price.