2002 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
No Worries
By Whyte on 07/07/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I havent had any problems from my 02 Xtreme extended cab. the zq8 suspension is amazing and the engine pushes a lot of power to this truck. I've raced Mustangs and had them eating my dust. The gas mileage was bad until I put a throttle body spacer on it, which added about 4mpg and will pay for itself in no time. The truck is great and I have no problems with it, I love it to death. The only work I've had to put in it was my own on the engine, with a throttle body spacer, straight pipe dual exhaust kit, and spectre air intake system, and haven't had to spend any money on repairs, but I am the 2nd owner and the previous owner may have had work done.

Love this truck
By miamiredhawk00 on 06/05/05 13:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My truck has the 4.3 V-6 and the ZQ-8 suspension package, without the ugly x- treme package. I love the look and performance of this truck, it's my weekend rig so it stays in excellent condition. If your looking for a truck that looks and drives like a performance car this is it. I don't know how much weight you could put in the bed, but I really only use it for my bicycles. I purchased used and the only problems I've had were the battery went bad at 30,000 and the 3rd door needed to be adjusted to open properly, it still squeaks a bit while driving but works fine.

Sport Truck
By Insidus on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Some simple modifications can make these a really great buy

My Dragon
By jonelliott0 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Runs great, 4.3 has great takeoff for a truck, no assembly problems other than 3rd door needed realigned. I've got the ZQ8 package without the extreme package. Truck looks badass, like it's crounching about to pounce.

very satisfied
By jbdb134 on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The best little truck I've ever owned. No major problems. Wish it had more hp for a 4 cyl. Lots of fun to drive.

One good truck.....
By Richard Slonaker on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is perfect so far. Too much power for wet surfaces....tends to spin.

30K and no problems at all
By gjc866 on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Got my blue S-10 extended cab in Feb 02 currently has 30k on the clock (April 03)The 2.2 4 cyl auto is a bit sluggish but more than adequate for light hauling or city driving. It's not a race vehicle by any strech, but it is solid, reliable, comfortable and nice looking and best of all. Not one single problem in 30,000 miles. The 2.2 liter 4 cyl is very reliable. Keep the oil changed and don't abuse - will easliy last 120K

S-10 SATISFIED
By JAG7557 on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

ALITTLE OVER PRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET.

Chevrolet S-10
By Bill Worsley on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle engine occasionally "revs up" when trying to shift from low to drive. The dealer is aware of this problem and is working with me to correct it. It is aggravating. You expect a new vehicle to preform problem free.

EXTREME Street Machine
By KC_Downtown_Dweller on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet S-10 3dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Factory stripes and low crouching suspension give this truck a very intimidating look. You really have to see these beauties in person to get the effect. Plenty of room in extended cab for audio. Do yourself a favor and invest in a good Tonneau cover and a radar/laser jammer. Does 100 MPH too quickly and 80 MPH too easily. 3rd time truck owner, first time Chevy - very happy. Will buy again.