Wish they built more
By RIC on
2001 Chevrolet S-10 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this truck about 8 months ago and I have hauled rocks, dirt, gravel, all of my stuff from a move, 2 boats, and all the while in the worst snow, ice, and whatever God could throw at you, and it performed like a beauty with 22 mpg at 132,000 miles. Paid $7k for the truck and I have used the 4x4 push button more times than you could shake a stick at. it has a litte cubby behind the rear seat for whatever tools you may need, a sliding rear window, can tow 5200lbs out of an awesome 4.3 6cyl.compared to the Dakota's 3400lbs max for their v6 (wimpy). Do not buy if you need a finesse city truck. I have had no issues yet with the truck. But at 132K what can I say? The thing is "like a rock".
Favorite Features
This truck is a meaty truck. I thought that I would have more issues with such a small bed, but I have yet to encounter a time when I needed more bed space. Love push button, all power options, oversized bucket seats, towing power, and pulling power.
Suggested Improvements
I would recomend using synthetic oil after 100k. Helps curb burnt oil, particularly if one wants to tow regularly. Keep tires inflated, will help mileage. K&N air filter is also great for towing