2001 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Great and sporty

2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Review

LS Extended Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Great and sporty
By titanicbuff on

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We own a 2001 Chevy S-10 Extended cab. We've never had any major problems, although we did replace the radiator- but that was normal ware and tear. I do find I have to turn the key twice sometimes to start it and the rear door latch broke- The 4.3 liter V6 gets great gas mileage and the truck drives more like a small car. It tows great wit the built in bumper pull package. In the snow even without sandbags it does fairly well. I've never really slid in it and eel safe. The drawbacks are the doors don't close all the way sometimes and The rear door handle is broken but I don't use the back door anyway. The truck gets to be a little noisy but thats just about right for any truck it seems.

Comfortable interior is warm and inviting, lumbar is great on long drives, seats are comfortable, 2 accessory plugs, 6 cup holders (2 in back 4 in front including one in each front door), Defrosters fro mirrors come in handy when one lives in a snow climate like Colorado, Handling is superb.

Door latch in back