RELIABLE
By ironclad on
2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Well, what can I say, LOL......I bought this truck back in 2002 as a puddle jumper for commuting back and forth to work. I considered this truck a cheap consumable. I figured that once it died I would buy another. The truck will not die. The truck now has 192000 miles on it and it rattles like a tin can. I haven't treated this truck very well and have done nothing to it but oil changes, brakes when needed and a clutch job at 170000 miles. I don't think the power steering pump even works anymore, but hey it still steers down the road. The 2.2L engine is lacking in power but never fails to start, ever.....darn it, ever.....I've tried to kill it, but it just won't die.....
Favorite Features
My Favorite thing about this truck is that it gets me to work every day. I have put very little money into the truck and treat it poorly and it just won't die.......I change the oil in it myself, but other than that I have never taken it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance checks. I did do a tune up once! The check engine light came on at around 80000 and I ignored it, I think the truck gave up and the light went off on it's own and still it won't just die. Now I'm thinking, you know, this truck has treated me well over the last 12 years and I probably should start treating it better. It has grown on me.
Suggested Improvements
As far as "suggested improvements", well I don't know. Better door hinges I guess. The door hinges are now so bad on this truck that when it rains, the inside door panels get wet. I have to slam the drivers side door to get it to close. I figure the door will fall off one of these days. I cannot complain too much though because I've treated this truck poorly and refused to spend money on it and it just won't die. After 12 long years of driving this thing, I look at the truck and think about burying it in the back yard, you know......If it EVER dies......It's been a great truck :)