2001 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: Not So Xtreme S-10

2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Review

Not So Xtreme S-10
By Not So Xtreme on

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this 2001 S-10 Xtreme for a little over two and a half years. First off, this car got horrible gas mileage, about 15 city and 17 hwy. The build quality was not so great. The handle on the third door broke after about a year and a half (not covered by the standard warranty). The driverís side seat belt clasp stopped working. There were multiple squeaks and rattles coming from the dash and side paneling. Finally, the chip resistant paint the car salesmen told me the truck had turned out to be not so chip resistant. It seemed like any little speck of dust that went over my car while driving on the freeway took out little bits of the paint.

Bucket seats were very comfortable (even on long trips) Power and acceleration of the 4.3l V-6

Chevy is discontinuing the S-10, so there isn't much they can do to improve it. Hopefully its replacement will be built with better quality. Hopefully this will help it hold its value a little better. My Xtreme cost $24,000 brand new and only 2.5 years later was worth around $11,000.