2001 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Review: No complaints here

2001 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Review

No complaints here
By MB on

2001 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Personally, I have not had any issues with the truck other than the original battery leaking out acid from the positive terminal after 6 years of use. I never drive off road, and do not push it into 4WD situations, since I know this little 2WD would get stuck. I still have two of the 4 original tires with some tread left. I have taken it easy on the transmission and only rarely haul something heavy in the bed. Maybe I'm one of the few lucky ones, but by not abusing this truck and keeping it maintained it has given me no problems and has been amazingly reliable.

Gas mileage. Comfy bench seats. Quiet ride. Reliable, if you don't need it to be a large 4WD truck.

None really. It has no power at all, but honestly, it has probably kept me out of speeding tickets and accidents since it has forced me to not be one of those people who zip in and out of traffic because their car is peppy. Would be nice if there was some room behing the seat.